Chapter 4- Feelings

Kadan's p.o.v.

I walk into my dorm room and slam the door shut behind me. Andy jumps. "Whoa. What's your problem?"

"Jewels hates me," I growl out.

"What happened?"

I take a deep breath. "We were at the concert and I had to use the bathroom. When I came out, I saw Blake with some blonde chick hanging all over him. I told Julie about it when we pulled back onto campus. She didn't believe me. She said she never wants to see me again and that I'm not allowed to speak to her again."

He blows out a breath. "That's rough. You're sure it was Blake, though?"

"Yeah. I know that douche bag anywhere. I just don't get why she can't see what a jerk he is."

"I think Blake has brainwashed her somehow. She hasn't been the same since they started dating. They've been dating for two and a half years and she's lost her identity."

"What do you mean?"

"She used to wear cowboy hats and boots everywhere she went. The only place she didn't wear her hat was at church. They started dating and today is the first day she's worn boots since then. I think Blake did something with all her country clothing, but I'm not sure. We still talk but not like we have since we were kids."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Flashback** Andy's p.o.v.

There's this little girl, about 8 years old, being picked on by other kids about my age, 9. I can't stand it anymore. I walk over to them and punch the biggest kid of them all square in the nose. Blood starts spewing out. I look at all the kids and say, "If y'all don't leave her alone, you'll be next." With that, they ran off.

"Thank you." She's smiling at me.

"You're welcome," I reply. "Why were those kids picking on you?"

She answers, "They were making fun of me for playing by myself. They said I didn't have any friends and that I'll never have any. I just prefer to play alone because it's less drama. There's no fighting over what to play or the rules of the game. But if you want to, you can play with me."

"I'd be happy to play with you."

From that day on, we've been like brother and sister, telling each other everything.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Present**

"You mean to tell me that she isn't as close to you as you used to be," I ask bewildered.

He nods. "Yeah."

"She just doesn't seem to be the type to turn her back on anybody."

"She's not. Blake has her so wrapped around his finger, she'd do anything for him. I'm just surprised he hasn't forced her to lose her virginity yet."

"You mean, you know she's still a virgin." He nods. "Wow, you guys really do tell each other everything."

"Yeah, well, we used to. I just feel like she's keeping something from me though."