Chapter 26- Back to Normal

Julie's p.o.v.

"I'll take you to get your car."

"Okay. Thanks."

The rest of the ride back to the airport is silent. I know I need to say something, but he doesn't seem too happy with me. I don't blame him, though.

I go to get out of the car, but he grabs my arm. "Jewels, we need to talk. Can you follow me back to campus?"

"Yeah."

"Okay."

I get out of the car, and head over to mine. Once I'm inside, Kadan drives off, and I follow him.

We reach the campus shortly after leaving the airport. We head up to their room. When we get inside, I'm disappointed to see that Andy isn't here. "He's not here. He went to the store."

"Okay."

Silence fills the room as Kadan sits on his bed, and pats the spot next to him. I sit down, and am quiet a few minutes longer.

"Thanks for coming to get me."

"You're welcome. You know I would do anything for you."

"I know. I just have a question. How did you know something was wrong?"

"You haven't exactly been talking to us, so I know something had to be up. Now, I have a question for you."

"What?"

"Why did you come back? I thought you were staying later. That's what your dad said."

"I was planning on staying an extra day, but when I woke up this morning I realized something."

"What?"

"I realized that I was only hurting everybody, instead of protecting them, by not talking to y'all. I realized that I needed to take my life back over, that I couldn't let Blake continue to run my life. I was going to tell y'all this morning, but you guys were gone when I came downstairs. That's why I came back today."

"So, we'll be seeing more of you?" I nod.

"Yes!" He gives me a hug, and then whispers in my ear. "I like you."

I'm stunned. "W-what?"

"I said 'I like you.'"

"Since when?"

"Since I first saw you."

"You never said anything."

"That's because you were with Blake, and as much as it killed me, I don't believe in breaking up a relationship."

I'm speechless. I didn't see this coming.

"Please say something."

"I like you too."

"Then, be my girlfriend?"

"On one condition."

He groans. "What?"

"Move in with me?"

"On one condition."

Now it's my turn to groan. "What?"

He gets off the bed, and kneels in front of me. "You let me be a dad to your baby."

To say I'm stunned would be the understatement of the century. I nod my head, afraid my voice would fail me. He gets off the floor, lifts me up, and spins me around. He's about to kiss me when the door opens. Kadan quickly puts me back on my feet, and steps out of the way.

Andy drops the bags he's holding. "Ju-Ju bear?"

"Andy!!" I run over and give him a hug. He does the exact same thing as Kadan.

"Dude, I know she's your sister, but put my girlfriend down."

"Girlfriend?"

"Yup," I say popping the 'p.'

"So you're over the whole Blake fiasco?"

"Yeah."

"Thank goodness." He then starts to sing his own rendition of Amen by Eden's Edge. "Someone give me an amen, someone give me an amen. Can I get a thank God, hallelujah. You finally saw what he was doing to ya. Your daddy called it, he was right. Glad to see your so alive. Whole town nearly hooped and hollered. He drove away, nobody stopped him. Nananana. I'll say it again. Someone give me an amen."

Then we all start chuckling. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know." He gives me another hug. "Hold on, big brother, I have more news."

"What?"

"I'm stealing your roommate."

"Huh?"

"I'm moving in with Jewels." He walks over and wraps his arms around me.

"I should have known that was coming."

I'm shocked. "So, you're not mad?"

"Of course not, Ju-Ju bear." He turns to Kadan. "You hurt her and I'll kill you."

"Okay."

We order pizza and sit around. We're laughing and having a good time. I smile to myself. This is how life should be, spending time with people you love.

After a while, I check my phone and see that it's 12:45. I decide to stay with the guys. Kadan gets me some more comfortable clothes to wear. I notice it's the same ones I wore the first night I stayed here.

After I changed, I crawl into the bed with Kadan. Tomorrow is a big day, my boyfriend's moving in with me, and my brother has to begin the search for a new roommate.

I close my eyes, and let sleep overtake me.