Chapter 28- New Beginnings

Julie's p.o.v.

New Year's Eve

It's currently 11:53, and Kadan and I are standing outside in the freezing cold at Times Square. We invited Andy, but his new roommate was supposed to be moving in tonight, so he stayed to help. We're going to meet his roommate after the ball drops.

I hear a song playing, and someone strumming a guitar. I look up to see Kadan walking towards me. He's singing To Be With You by Mr. Big. I love that song, and my boyfriend is singing it to me. He's just too sweet. He stops in front of me, and I smile at him.

After he's done singing, all the people around us start clapping. I can't believe he sang that song to me, and at Times Square. That's why I love him.

He hands the guitar to some stage guy, and then wraps me in his arms. Soon after, the countdown begins.

"10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1"

I turn to look at Kadan. "Happy new year."

"Happy new year, Jewels."

Then we share our first kiss.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kadan's p.o.v.

I wanted to do something special for my Jewels. We've been so busy helping Andy prepare for his new roommate, that we haven't even had our first kiss. It'd be kind of weird to share that moment with her brother.

I'm currently getting ready to sing her To Be With You. She absolutely loves that song, and I think it fits our relationship. I think singing this song to her, and then sharing our first kiss at Time's Square is the perfect way to begin our newfound relationship.

Some people might think it's cliché, but hey, I never said I cared what other people think.

I walk towards Jewels while I'm strumming the guitar and singing. She looks up and stares at me. I stop right in front of her, and she smiles at me. When I'm finished singing the song, all the people around us begin to clap. I hand the guitar I was using to some stage guy, and take my girlfriend in my arms.

Shortly after, the countdown to the new year begins.

"10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1."

Jewels turns to look at me. "Happy new year."

"Happy new year, Jewels."

Then we share our first kiss. That's the perfect beginning to the rest of our lives.