Chapter 2- Change of Plans

Andy's p.o.v.

I'm mumbling as I walk back into my dorm.

"Hey man, what's wrong?" That is my roommate, Kadan.

"Oh, nothing except for the fact that I have to go to the concert tonight with Julie."

"What concert," Kadan asks.

I reply, "It's a Garth Brooks concert. He's her favorite country star ever."

"Really? Mine too."

"That's good because I have to study for an exam in college algebra that I have tomorrow. I was going to ask you if you could take her."

"I'd be honored to accompany Jewels to the concert."

I wonder how things will turn out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julie's p.o.v.

I can't wait to go to this concert tonight, and with my best friend.

I hop in the shower and quickly wash up. The concert starts at 7:00 and it's already 5:30. I get out of the shower and find something suitable to wear to a country music concert in New York.

Blake isn't here, which is a good thing. He wouldn't let me leave if he knew where I was going. Once I find an outfit, I quickly put it on and put on a minimal amount of make-up. When I'm done, I glance at the clock and see that it's already 6:00.

There's a knock on my door. Andy is here so let's get going.

I open the door and realize it's not Andy, but Kadan.

"What are you doing here?"

"Nice to see you too, Jewels."

I've always wanted someone to call me Jewels. Why does it have to be the one person I can't get close to. No matter how gorgeous he is, or the fact that every time I see him, or hear him talk, I get butterflies in my stomach.

I repeat,"What are you doing here? And dressed like that?"

He replies in a 'duh' tone,"I'm accompanying you to the concert."

"I thought Andy was going."

"He was going to, but he has an exam in college algebra tomorrow that he has to study for, therefore he asked me to go to the concert with you and I happily agreed."

I internally groan. "That's just swell."

"I thought so too. Now come on, let's get going. We don't want to be late."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We arrive at the concert and the place is packed. I'm just glad we got tickets that allow us to be close to the stage.

"Do you want anything to drink," Kadan asks.

"Water will be fine," I reply.

"I'll be right back, Jewels."

Why must he call me that? At least it's not Peaches like my dad calls me.

"Here's your water."

"Thank you very much."

"You're welcome."