Chapter 30- The Truth Comes Out

Julie's p.o.v.

Kadan and I are walking up the stairs to go to Andy's dorm. As we get closer, we hear music. When we reach the door, we realize what song it is. "Is Andy really listening to that song?" Kadan sounds disgusted, and to be honest, I don't blame him.

"I don't think so. He absolutely hates that song."

"Then why is it playing?"

"I'm not really sure."

I only know of one person that would play that song with Andy around. It's not her, is it?

"Then, let's find out, shall we?"

"Yeah."

I knock on the door. After a moment, it opens. I can't believe it's her. "Emily Shaye Carver!"

"Julie Maye Thomas!"

We give each other a bone crushing hug. I haven't seen her in over five years. She was my best friend, besides Andy, until she moved, and we lost contact. I've missed her so much.

We pull back, and she turns to Kadan. "You must be Kadan, my best friend's new boyfriend."

"That's me. You must be Andy's new roommate."

"Yep. Lucky me."

She steps back, and let's us into the room. I look over at Andy, and he looks shocked. "Andy." Kadan is trying to get his attention.

I decide to yell his full name. "Andrew Tyler Blake!"

He jumps. "What?"

"You look like you've seen a ghost. What's your problem?"

He points at Emily. "Your best friend just kissed me."

I turn to look at her. "Really? Why?"

"Because he's hot," she says in a 'duh' tone.

I chuckle at her. "I knew you always liked him. I also know that he likes you too, he just won't admit it to anybody."

"Really?" She smirks.

"Ju-Ju bear, how could you tell her?"

"Because it needed to be said."

Emily turns to Andy. "So it's true?"

He lets out an exaggerated sigh. "Yes, it's true."

Kadan chooses now to say something. "This is better than cable."

I nudge him in the ribs. "Ow. Jewels, what was that for?"

"That was for interrupting my brother and best friend. Can't you see they're having a moment?"

"Fine. I'll be quiet."

"Good." I turn back to Emily and Andy. "Carry on."

"So, instead of telling me, you decided to put me through hell?"

"Yeah. I thought that if I ignored my feelings, they would go away."

"How did that work out for you?"

"It didn't. My feelings only got stronger."

"You're such a dumbass."

"In my defense, when I decided to act on my feelings, you moved to another city."

"I only moved because I couldn't hang around you without wanting to kiss you. That's why I begged my parents to let me go live with my aunt and uncle in San Antonio."

All in a matter of seconds, Andy walks over to Emily, and kisses her. I'm happy for my brother, but I don't want to see him making out with my best friend.

After a minute, they finally pull apart. We spend the rest of the night catching up, and laughing.

It's a great start to a new year.