Chapter 12- Surprise

Julie's p.o.v.

After spending the day with Andy and Kadan, I came back to my dorm, only to be by myself. I quickly fell asleep. I'm woken up by someone knocking on my door. I check the time on my phone and see that it's only 8:15 am. I swear I'm going to kill whoever it is if they don't have a good reason for being here. The person knocks again. I begrudgingly get out of bed and walk to my door. I open it up and squeal with delight. "It's good to see you too, Peaches."

"Daddy! What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to spend Thanksgiving with my baby girl."

I squeal again. I think I might have woken up some of my neighbors, but I don't care. "Really? But I thought you were spending the holiday with friends?"

"I'd rather be here with you. I couldn't imagine having Thanksgiving with anyone else."

"Me either. Come in, come in." I shut the door behind him. "Why didn't you tell me you were coming? I could have picked you up at the airport."

"I wanted to surprise you."

"Well it worked. Let me get ready and then we'll go get breakfast."

"Okay, Peaches."

I quickly go into my closet to grab some clothes. Then I head into the bathroom and look at my reflection in the mirror. I look like hell. I forgot to take my make-up off last night, and now it's all smeared. At least my daddy didn't see my bruised face, yet. I take a quick shower and get ready. As I'm putting the finishing touches of my make-up on, there's a knock on the door. "Peaches, do you want to invite Andy to go out with us?"

"Sure. Let me just make sure he's up."

I come out of the bathroom and grab my phone. I shoot Andy a text.

Me- Are you up?

Andy- Yeah. Why?

Me- It's a surprise. Is Kadan up? I don't want to disturb him.

Andy- Yeah he's up too.

Me- Okay. On my way.

Andy- Okay. See you soon.

I place my phone in my back pocket, and turn to my dad. "You ready to go?"

"Yep." He answers popping the 'p.'

We head out the door and down the hall to Andy's and Kadan's dorm. I knock on the door. It opens and reveals a shirtless Andy. "Well hello you two."

"Hey Andy. How's it going," my dad asks.

"Great. Even better that you're here."

He steps out of the way and let's us in. Kadan walks into the room at the same time we do. "Good morning, Jewels."

"Morning." I turn to my dad. "Daddy, this is Kadan, Andy's roommate."

"Nice to meet you, sir."

"You too, Kadan. And please, call me Daniel."

"Okay, Daniel. How was your flight?"

"It was fine. Thanks for asking."

I'm utterly confused. "Wait, how did you know he was coming?"

My dad is the first to answer. "Honey, it was Andy's idea for me to come up here."

I turn and grin at Andy. "Thank you so much!!." I run over and give him a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"I'd like to take the credit, Ju-Ju bear, but it was actually Kadan's idea."

Without a second thought, I run over to him and give him the same treatment as Andy. "Thank you so much. I can't believe you did this for me."