Chapter 3- Fun and Fights

Kadan's p.o.v.

I don't want to leave Jewels alone, but I don't have a choice.

I turn to face her. "I'll be back."

"Where are you going?"

"To the bathroom."

"Oh, okay. Hurry back."

"I'll try."

I head off to the bathroom. When I come out, I see a familiar face. I can't believe that he's here. I thought he didn't like country music anyways. Blake Miller, of all people, is here but he's not with Julie. He's here with some blonde bimbo. I can't believe he's acting like he's not in a relationship. Jewels is an amazing woman and he's here with her. Jewels will never believe me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julie's p.o.v.

Kadan has been gone for a while. Maybe there was a long line at the bathroom.

"Hey, Jewels."

"There you are. What took you so long?"

"Long line."

"Ok."

He looks like he's seen a ghost. Maybe I'll ask him later. I'm really enjoying this concert right now. I'll have to find a way to pay Andy back. Maybe I'll watch his favorite show, The Walking Dead, with him. He's always trying to get me to watch it, but I am so over the whole zombie craze. He'll probably try to get me to watch every season. Pure torture. But I'll do it because he did this for me and because I love him.

The concert is over, sadly.

Kadan turns to me. "Ready to go, Jewels?"

"Yeah."

We head to his car. He seems nervous, like maybe something's wrong. He's had that look since he came back from the bathroom at the concert. I can't take it anymore. I have to know what's going on in his head. I turn to face him in the car. "Kadan, is something wrong?"

"Why do you ask?"

"Well, you seem to have something on your mind. You've been acting strange since you came back from the bathroom."

"Oh. I just saw something that didn't sit well with me."

"Okay, want to talk about it?"

He stops the car. I look out the window and realize that we're back on campus. He turns to look at me. He has this look that I can't really describe. It's almost like he doesn't want to say what's on his mind. Maybe he doesn't want to hurt my feelings. What if he says he likes me? Or that he wants to go on a date? I'm with Blake, and I love him. I couldn't do that to him.

If you love Blake so much, how come Kadan gives you butterflies instead? My subconscious really has a mind of its own. It always speaks at the worst times possible.

"I wish I didn't have to, but it needs to be said."

"You can start when you're ready."

He's silent so long, I don't know if he's ever going to tell me. "I saw Blake at the concert. He was with some blonde. They were hanging all over each other. I even saw them kiss. I'm so sorry, Jewels, I just thought you should know."

So much for him not wanting to hurt my feelings. "How could you even say that? Blake and I love each other."

"I hate to say it, but if Blake loved you, wouldn't he have gone to the concert with you and not that bimbo?"

"I can't believe you. I can't believe you would say something to try to get me to break-up with Blake. I thought you cared about my feelings. Apparently I was wrong. You're just jealous. You're jealous because you don't have a girlfriend. I don't want to see you ever again. I don't want you coming to my dorm room with Andy to hangout with me any more. I want you to stay as far away from me as possible."

"Jewels-" he tries.

I cut him off. "Don't. I don't want to hear your excuses. Leave me alone."

I get out of his car and slam the door. I'm so mad at him. I can't believe he would lie to me. I'm so mad I almost want to give Blake my virginity right here and now. Almost. I know, I know. I'm still a virgin. I want to wait until my wedding night so I can say I saved myself for my husband, for the person I love. I don't want to be labeled as a slut.

I walk into our room, slamming the door. "Blake!" I call out.
No answer. Of course, he's not here, he never is. Maybe Kadan was right. Nah, Blake loves me so he wouldn't cheat on me.

If he loved you, wouldn't he be here with you right now, wouldn't he have gone to the concert with you? I really hate my subconscious.