10

Brads POV

*********

'Who was that' I asked as Jo sat beside me before taking a sip of my drink.

'An old friend. I work with him when I'm in Manchester, we worked at the same place for like 3 years before we both went to uni. He stayed home though and still works in the same place, i still do the odd few shifts when I'm home' she replied before smiling innocently.

'We actually had a little fling at one point but it didn't last very long, he's not very good with the word commitment' she laughed although this made me slightly uneasy.

'Don't give me that worried look.' It was clearly written all over my face.

We've been friends allot longer than we were anything else, I've known the guy since I was 16' she reassured me before gently kissing me and disappearing with Kirstie to the dance floor.

I've never heard Jo talk about him before and the fact she had a 'fling' or whatever she wants to call it with him makes me feel a bit uneasy.

What exactly did she mean by a 'fling?'

I quickly finished my drink before signalling to Connor that I wanted another and for him to come to the bar with me. As we reached the bar Connor ordered the drinking and I felt a tap on my shoulder.

'Hey, Brad right?' Danny spoke from Beside me.

'Yeah. Danny' I nodded at him.

'So how long have you known Jo? I've never heard her mention a Brad when she's been at home' Danny spoke as Connor passed me a beer.

Jo never spoke about me?

'We met on holiday in the summer, we only really got into contact again a few weeks ago'. I replied.

'This is my mate Connor by the way' I pointed at Connor who held is beer up as if to say hi.

'What about you, how do you know Jo?' I asked even though she had already told me.

'We've known each other for a while now, we were both newbies at the cafe at the same time, we just got on I guess. It's like a big family there, everybody gets on with everybody and everybody looks out for each other.' He replied, leaving out fling part, maybe it really wasn't anything.

It's just a bit strange to me that they can still be such good friends, I mean I'm not friends with any of my Ex's.

'Hey man where have you been' a guy put his hand on Danny's shoulder causing Danny to turn around.

'Tom, you'll never guess who I've just seen, Jo Denver' he laughed.

'This is her mysterious boyfriend Brad' he gestured at me and I gave a little awkward wave.

'Yeah I've heard about you, Jo has talked about you allot since she got back from Cyprus' Tom replied holding his hand out for me shake.

'How am I the only one that doesn't know about this' Danny laughs.

'Probably because talking to your ex boyfriend about your new boyfriend isn't exactly Jo's favourite thing to do' Tom laughed and I could tell Connor was confused.

'Wait so you and Jo were more than friend s' Connor chirped up sounding confused.

'We hooked up a few times, I'd never say we were together. Nothing ever got serious pal you don't need to worry' Danny replied patting my shoulder.

Wow arrogant much?

'We're good friends now though, well I'd like to think we are anyway' he continued.

'Well this just got extremely awkward so I'm going to go and find Luisa' Connor laughed.

'Yeah I'll join you, nice meeting you two' I spoke before walking back over to the table where Jo was sat doing shots with the rest of the girls.

I walked over wrapping my arms around her waist, kissing her cheek softly.

Jo's POV

**********

Tonight had been an amazing night. We dance, sang, drank way to much and for the first time in long time I was genuinely happy. And I owe that to Brad.

It was nearly 1am and I'd decided to go and get some fresh air for 5 minutes.

As I walked back inside of the club I saw Danny tumbling into the walls of the corridor leading to the exit.

Classic drunk.

I quickly made my way over to him before trying to hold him up right so that he could keep his balance he wrapped his arm over my shoulder to make life easier and I began to guide him out of the club.

'Can't take you anywhere Daniel. Always babysitting you I am' I laughed at his failed attempt to walk straight causing him to also laugh.

As we left the club and walked around the corner, him still using me to balance, I spotted Tom at he door of a taxi.

'There you are mate thought I'd lost you again' tom laughed taking him off of me and putting him in the taxi.

'Can take the boy out of Manchester but you can never take the manchester out of the boy' I laughed before hugging Tom.

'It's been nice seeing you Jo, and finally meeting that boyfriend of yours. I hope he treats you better than this guy did' Tom laughed.

Tom was Danny's best mate but he also knows that the way Danny fucked me about wasn't fair.

I didn't tell the complete truth to Brad early when I said we had a fling. Truth is me and Danny had been on and off for three years. He just couldn't commit and in the end I gave up. Any time we'd get to a stage I thought I we were going somewhere, he'd do something that would ruin it and I was just done with waiting around for him to grow up.

But for some reason it's never been able to ruin the friendship we have and I'm so glad we're at a place now that we can really be friends.

Any feelings I had for Danny don't compare to how I feel about Brad. Not by a long shot.

I said my goodbyes to Tom before walking back around the corner to re enter the club.

That's when I saw it.

Him

Brad

Locking lips with

that girl.

Ellie.

'Brad?'

////////

Shit has hit the fan.