12

It had been a week since I came home to Manchester. I decided to take a few weeks off of Uni, it was the beginning of the year so everything I needed to know was on the power points they sent out anyway. 

Brad had called and texted everyday, I didn't answer any of them. I wasn't ready.

I'd spoken to the girls every day since I came home, they keep me updated with where Brad is and what the boys are doing, i know i haven't known them for very long but I feel like i really clicked with them.

Apparently the boys had been really busy and haven't been back to London or to home in the past week, the third album is nearly finished and they have a few preparations before they start their tour.

My mum was going away over the weekend with a friend, only to Scotland but it meant I had the house to myself. I had decided this was a good opportunity to catch up on my Uni work, maybe invite the girls up and Sarah could come down from Leeds for the weekend seen as she repeatedly reminded me she missed me dearly.

My mum knew that me and Brad weren't on good terms at the moment but i hadn't told her why . It sounds stupid but i didn't want to admit it to anybody.

Today i had decided to do an extra shift at the cafe in Manchester i work at every now and again. I hadn't seen my work friends for a while and I could really do with the cheering up.

/////////

'so I guess a thank you is in orderer after last week' Danny laughed as he grabbed his jacket and car keys from out of his locker.

'I don't exactly remember getting home but i heard you were a big help in that'

'Yeah you were so drunk man it was funny, part of me wanted to just stand back and let you tumble down the corridor but I'm just to much of a good person' I laughed as I put my jacket on.

it was 2pm and me and Danny had both just finished working.

'do you need a lift home? the weather isn't looking to nice out there' Danny said as we walked through the back of the cafe together.

'If you don't mind, I'm really not in the mood for walking in the rain' I smiled.

Im so glad that me and Danny can be like this agin, he helped me through a lot over the years and although he's been a dick at times, he's never let me down when I've needed a friend.

We got into Danny's car just as the rain started to get heavier, lucky escape.

'life saver, some may call me' Danny winked before setting off down the road.

'So how is that boyfriend of yours? he seemed like a nice guy at the bar' Danny spoke, concentrating on the road ahead.

'We aren't actually speaking at the moment' i replied, staring out of the window not wanting to allow myself to become upset.

'Why what happened? am i going to have to break some ankles?' he chuckled slightly. he was very protective over me and never tried to hide it.

'Something happened that night actually and we haven't spoken since, he's called everyday I just don't want to talk' i sighed.

'You know I'm always here for a chat, any time. I know you Jo, i can tell you don't want to talk right now but when you do, I'm here' he turned to face me and smiled, I gave him a smile before he turned back to the road.

Suddenly Danny's facial expressions changed, he looked scared.

'SHITTT' Danny shouted as we skidded around the corner.

Thats the last thing I saw before it all went black

//////////

Brad's POV

I'd called, text and heard nothing.  Complete silence for an entire week.

I guess I was lucky that we had been so busy this week with finishing the third album because otherwise I'd of been going out of my mind.

James keeps telling my that the girls are still pissed at me, but they speak to her everyday and she's still at home in Manchester.

I'd nearly bought a train ticket up there on multiple occasions but I know I couldn't let the boys down and bail on them.

We'd spent most of the week at a studio in Liverpool working with some amazing producers. This album was going to be sick, but all could think about was Jo.

I'd screwed up big time.

' We're all going for a pizza seen as its our last day here and last day before our pre Europe tour break, get ready' James spoke from the door of my hotel room before disappearing again.

I know they were my best friends no matter what but James especially had been giving me the cold shoulder this week. They try their best not to show it but its so obvious they're pissed at me.

I don't blame them, I mean I'm pissed at myself. Kirstie had told me why Jo was with Danny that night and it made me feel like an even bigger dick then I already felt. She was innocently helping a drunk friend and I made assumptions, jumping to unnecessary conclusions. 

'I rang Jo before, still nothing from her' I said to Connor as we got into the back of Jame's car.

'Luisa said she'd gone back to work today, maybe she's not out yet Brad' he replied, I could tell he didn't mean a word.

'Or maybe she's still ignoring me' I sighed, but as I spoke my phone lit up.

Jo

'she's calling me now?' I looked at Connor with a confused look.

'Well answer it then you muppet' Connor laughed as I nervously accepted the call.

'Hello' I spoke gently into the phone, my heart was racing, slightly afraid of what she might say.

'Brad its Sue, Jo's mum. Look I know you two aren't talking at the moment and I don't know the reason but there has been an accident and I know that Jo would want you to know. I don't know whats happening I just got called to the hospital and they said she is in theatre. I don't know what to do but I just knew shed want you to know'

'woah slow down what accident' as if my hear wasn't racing enough, i was so confused at what Jo's mum had just work vomited down the phone.

'She was in the car on the way home from work with a friend and they skidded off the road, the weather was so awful. I don't know how she is or if she's even okay, I just thought you should know' I could hear her crying down the phone.

My head started to pound, i clearly showed it on my face because Connor mouthed 'Everything ok' to me to which i just shook my head.

'What hospital' I asked, scratching the back of my neck.

'North Manchester, Bradley I'm sorry for throwing this at you like this but I just have a weird feeling that she'd really want you here'

'of course, look keep it together I'm on my way' I put the phone down and the group all looked at me with the same concerned facial expression.

'Jo has been in an accident, look James it sounds really bad I'm going to have to go down tonight'

'what how bad? is she going to be ok? how did it even happen' James threw a load of questions at me, questions I didn't know the answer to.

'I don't know man, can we just go?' i asked placing my hand on my forehead.

'Of course Brad we're already on our way' James replied from the drivers seat.