29

I walked back over to my previous position on the couch, Brad also sitting down but leaving a large gap im between us.

'So what were you doing then, before I rudely interrupted' Brad tried breaking the ice as I picked up the laptop ready to close it down.

'I was looking for flats that I could view this week, but it's fine I don't want to be rude' I replied, closing down the first of a thousand tabs I had open.

'No it's fine, I'll help you. Even though I don't live down here I actually know the place like the back of my hand' Brad moved closer, pulling the laptop from off my lap and onto his.

'Okay' I replied, I didn't really know what to say.

The conversation and comfort me and Brad were in right now felt strangely normal considering our situation.

'Everywhere is so expensive' I laughed as Brad scrolled down one of the pages I found.

'That's London for you' Brad glanced over at me and smiled lightly, causing butterflies to erupt in my stomach.

Our eyes locked for a second before I quickly looked away, he wasn't worming his way back in like that.

Brad eyes quickly found their way back to the laptop screen, clicking off the page he was previously looking at.

'This one is nice' he spoke and my eyes looked at the screen once again.

'Yeah and completely over budget' I laughed as I looked at the apartment I'd previously found and fallen in love with.

It had that nice modern feel to it, with the dark wood and glossy black cupboards in the kitchen, the whole apartment just looked so spacious. The exact reason it's way over my budget really.

'But you really like it don't you' Brad asked looking back at me.

'Yeah, if I had the money' I repeated.

Brad looked at the screen again, scrolling through the pictures of the apartment.

'It's right near work and it's just really nice, but it's too much' I sighed, leaning back on the couch again, I forgot how stressful finding somewhere to live was.

Brad looked at me again, then back at the screen before focusing back on me.

'It's not to much if we get it together' Brad's voice was so calm, his words completely taking me back.

'What?' I asked confused at the suddenness of what he had just proposed.

'Look, this time a few weeks ago you rang me excited about moving down here because you knew I'd be just as excited. The reason being we would be able to see each other more often, even live together. So why can't we still do that?' Brad's eyes lit up as he spoke.

'Because we aren't in the same situation we were in a few weeks ago Brad, you saw to that' I replied sternly.

'You never let me explain! You just hung up and didn't answer me again ' Brad raised his voice slightly as he placed the laptop next to him.

'How would you of reacted? If I'd of called you whilst you were away and told you I'd kissed somebody else?!' I raised my voice back, he wasn't getting the better of me tonight.

'Maybe I went around telling you the wrong way, but I didn't want to talk to you for two weeks pretending everything was fine and then tell you when I got home'

'Because everything wasn't fine! You kissed Sabrina!' I could feel the water building up in my eyes once again.

I really wasn't ready for this argument. I'm so emotionally drained already, I don't know how much more of this I can honestly take tonight.

'You always presume the worst with me Jo, she kissed me, but all you hear is I kissed her. I wouldn't do that, you know deep down that I wouldn't' Brads voice lowered towards the end, the hurt in his voice taking over the anger.

'Can you blame me really? It's all I know' my previous relationship saw to me presuming the worst every time something happened with Brad.

'But I'm not Danny, I never will be. You need to realise that, sooner rather than later as well' Brad placed his hand gently on my thigh.

I hadn't realised that during all the shouting we had actually grown closer together.

'I know' I looked down at my hands that were resting on my legs until Brad's free hand founds it's way to my cheek, forcing me to face him.

'I love you Jo, how many times do I have to tell you before you believe me' there was a hint of desperation in his voice as he spoke.

I sighed at brads words.

'I do believe you' my voice was much calmer than it was previously. It's as if just looking into Brad's eyes calms me down.

'Then why can't we put all of this behind us, move here and start fresh?' Brads words were soft and comforting as he held onto the hope he had for us.

'A fresh start does sound nice' I replied, as much as I'd told myself over the last few weeks that I was fine without Brad, I knew I wasn't.

'Really?' Brad didn't even try to hide the shock in his voice.

'I over reacted, I should of at least heard you out. I'm sorry for that' Brad's tucked a piece of hair behind my ear gently, never breaking our eye contact.

Brad use to always do this as a way of asking permission to kiss me when we first met, which caused a smile to appear on my face.

he wasted no time with leaning in, his hand rested gently on my check and his lips connecting with mine. I had craved this for what felt like a lifetime, the sense of safety and stability Brad brings to me.

After a few seconds, Brad pulled away from the kiss but maintained the closeness of our faces.

'I really thought I'd messed it up for good this time' his words gentle, the hurt gone and replaced by a sense of relief.

'Just don't mess up again' I pecked Brad's lips quickly before reaching over him and grabbing the laptop.

' I actually do have some things I need to do though before my interview tomorrow morning' I started to mess around with a few things on the screen.

'And then after your interview we can go and view the apartment, and then go out for a meal afterwords to celebrate' I could see Brad grinning in the corner of my eye, causing me to smile.

'Are you not busy working tomorrow?' I asked as I continued to finish the last few things on the laptop.

'We don't have much on that is out of the city now until we go down under in September, it's just festivals and interviews, we have quite a bit of free time at the moment' Brad replied.

'Does that mean I'll actually get to see you for longer than a day here and there' I pulled a sarcastically shocked face causing Brad to chuckle.

'I know it's terrible, I can only take you in small doses, it's going to be hard work' I punched Brad's arm causing him to whine like a baby.

'I'm joking I'm joking'

/////

I really don't know where I'm going with this book I have some ideas but I'm not 100% sure 🤙🏼🤙🏼🤙🏼