Fairytale

Moonlight submerged the chamber into a haunting light. The sheets of the empty bed were rumpled.

The silence was broken by the heavily breathes of two people.

Elijah pressed Cassie against the wall with one hand around her neck. Her head hit the cold stone hard. His huge hand around her small neck didn't let her breathe. She couldn't even scream.

It came all of a sudden. The vampire and the young woman slept side by side. Without any warning he attacked her violently.

Elijahs gaze was empty. It seemed like he was somewhere far away. He didn't even felt that her nails were scratching his skin.

Just when her breath became slower, her eyes fell shut and she didn't defend herself anymore, the life came back into Elijahs eyes. His hand disappeared and he caught her before she could hit the ground.

He couldn't say a thing, he didn't understood what happened. It was just a dream...he didn't meant to do that.

How could he hurt an innocent person?

When Cassie got conscious again she panicked. Understandable.

„Go away from me!!!"

She yelled, hit and kicked him.

He granted it, of course she couldn't hurt him. Just he could. He could just kill her without even meaning to do so.

He was a monster.

How could he even pretend to honorable? A Gentleman. Only kill if he was forced to.

It was pathetic. He wasn't any better than his siblings. He killed of pure joy. It was his nature.

„I'm sorry, dear. I'm so sorry..."

He whispered, destroyed on the inside.

Suddenly she stopped. She looked at his face and all she saw was regret. And then she knew.

He didn't do this on purpose.

„What happened?"

Her voice was more calm now.

„I...I don't know. I dreamt...I must have thought that you were someone else...That never happened before. I didn't want to hurt you, I hope you believe me."

Well, normally he didn't sleep with breathtaking women he knew for like five minutes at his side.

His voice was pure. Without any hidden emotions, without bitterness.

Cassie stood up and forced a smile on her face.

„You know when I was a kid I was afraid of thunderstorms and could never sleep. My mother took my siblings and me to her bed and read out to us...I never had nightmares after that."

She walked to the shelf filled with books and took one out. She cleared the cover of dust.

„Fairytales, perfect. Please lay down."

„Miss Cassie, I..."

„My Lord, I don't want to blackmail you, but you nearly choked me to death, so please just do as I say and let me help."

He sighted defied, lied down and tried to not think.

She sat down on a small stool and crossed her legs, and thumbed through the book smiling.

Her smile let her face light up. Her beauty was no illusion.

Cassie was different, he felt it.

But could he allow himself feelings for a woman who was the lover of the king he wanted to please?

He wanted to build a home for his family here and he took family above all.

„Once upon a time, there was a prince..."

When he heard her soft voice he must confess to himself, that this woman will change everything for him.