A Knight in Shining Armor

Cassie woke up by a knock on her door. She groaned and checked the time. 8 pm, who could that be? No one knew that she lived here.

Suspiciously, she opened the door and was knocked to the wall in a second.

„Sleeping at 8pm? That's nothing I can tolerate."

When she saw who it was she relaxed and rolled her eyes.

„It's nice to see you, too, Kol. But you can leave now."

She was annoyed.

„Cassie, you look terrible. You need to have some fun."

„Thank you very much."

Cassie growled and wanted to go back to her bed.

„Get your pretty little ass in the bathroom, or do I need to compel you?"

Rolling her eyes again, she followed his instructions. It was hopeless to fight against Kol's stubborn ideas. And maybe he was right. She couldn't lock herself from reality again.

She found a fancy little black dress in her closet and changed, feeling slightly better because she knew she was quite sexy in such tight dresses.

Smiling she and Kol went out to a little bar that quite a number of vampires visited for getting their beloved prey: drunk, young, stupid tourists.

The light was dimmed, it was hard to see any faces. It was the perfect place to feed. Thanks to the dark atmosphere no one would assume that the people here were biting into human necks. Everyone would just think they were making out.

Cassie could noticed Marcel Gerard and some of his riff-raff. They instantly tensed when they saw them. She winked at Marcel, signalizing that they meant no trouble.

His mouth moved into a smirk when Cassie disappeared into the mass of dancing people.

For the first time after weeks she had fun. Her stiffness loosened and soon she also danced, feeling the rhythm of the hypnotizing music.

Biting into multiple necks and erasing the human's memory, she felt powerful and free. Every man in room wanted her. The fresh blood was running down her throat and filling her with energy.

The blood was like a drug. It caused her ecstasy. She felt awesome.

Suddenly she danced with Marcel, wrapping her arms around his neck. He was such a handsome fool.

Their lips neared and Cassie closed her eyes when all of a sudden the light went out and the room was completely dark.

The humans left the club in a hurry, nearly tripping over themselves.

Just the five vampires were left in the room. They fell down on their knees, grabbing their heads.

The pain exploded in Cassies brain. This was the making of a witch, she remembered that kind of spell.

Kol being the strongest vampire was the only one who could move a bit. But before he could do anything the three witches broke all of the vampires necks, except for Cassie's. They crushed a vervain injection into her neck and she passed out.

...

Cassie woke up with a terrible headache and her veins felt dried out, like she was burning from the inside.

Her arms and legs were in chains.

When she opened her eyes she saw a brunette witch, her fingers laying on the sides of her head.

„She knows a lot of spells but the one were are looking for is hidden..."

It hurt again when she tried to get deeper into her mind.

„Get out of my head!"

She hissed weakly.

After some minutes of torture the young witch opened her eyes.

„You don't know it, right? You knew you are more vulnerable than the younger Mikaelson brother, you knew that someone could get into your head. So you never laid eyes on the spell to dagger Klaus."

Cassie smiled viciously.

Back in the 20's she helped Kol and some witches creating a dagger for Niklaus. It was her own personal revenge.

„You poor thing, being tossed around by the Mikaelsons...and you mean nothing to them. And you know this. Scratches the ego, doesn't it?"

„Could say the same about you, little harvest girl. Do you really think you mean more to your precious coven than a reliable source of power? You know, they killed you. Willing to take the possibility that you won't come back to the living again."

Cassie had heard the story of the harvest girls and put the pieces together.

„She's useless, kill her."

The girl grimly stated before she disappeared.

Two of the witchy bodyguards moved to her. But before they could touch her, their hearts were ripped out and fell to the ground with a slimy thud.

„I wouldn't recommend that, gentleman."

Elijah took out a handkerchief and cleaned his hands, as he always did when he killed someone.

Their eyes met for a short time, he was checking if she was ok. Cassie couldn't help herself and smiled widely. He really came to rescue her.

It was easy for him to kill the other witches. After he was finished, he broke the chains and caught her before she could fall on the heart ground of the tomb. 

The vervain weakened her so much, she couldn't even stand on her own. Elijah carried her bridal style and rushed back to the compound.

„You can't keep yourself out of trouble, don't you?"

Cassie laughed quietly.

„Good thing is, I always have my knight in shining armor with me."