A New Horizon

The world was at Elijahs feet.

He was standing at the front site of the small ship and took in the sight of the beautifully gleaming ocean.

For the first time in months he could see land at the horizon. It was different from everything he already saw. There was a town with simple houses flanked by a desert.

The sun was burning from the sky. It was unbearable hot. Elijah put his gaze down to his ring, that inherited a small blue stone with a gleam of gold. Its use wasn't just to protect him from the sun. It had multiple significance.

A symbol. An eternal vow. Or a curse.

Always and Forever.

...

It was Elijah's first time to visit the Orient. His brother Niklaus and him had seen Europe and the whole New World but they desired something new.

They killed a British ambassador and took over his ship and compelled the crew. The ambassador was about to see the king of a small land and create a trading relationship.

That won't go as planned, Elijah thought smiling lightly.

The brothers didn't really know what to do there but if they liked the land, they would stay a while. Klaus was looking forward to exotic female beauties and asked himself if their blood would taste different from the ladies he knew.

Elijah thoughts differed. He was tormented by the wish for a home. His family was driven apart, he didn't knew where Kol and Rebekah were located.

They had separated to give their father Mikael a false lead. To escape from his threat. That's what they told themselves. But it was a lie. Everything was different since the happenings in New Orleans. It got harder to keep their vow. Hatred and anger destroyed it all.

The Original eyed his younger brother. Klaus was drinking from a member of the crew. Marcel's loss and loosing his kingdom drove him even more ruthless. He hadn't recovered from his grief. Elijah must take care of him, get him back to his good side. The man that raised a child slave into a brave man.

And Elijah? He already wished for a little family when he was a human. A wife and children. Happiness. Peace.

He sighed.

That wish would never come true. He couldn't even give a woman children neither could he allow himself to love again. Tatia...Katerina...Celeste. They all died because of him. He couldn't bear the thought of his last lover, it would bring back his anger towards Niklaus.

He needs to save his remaining family. Bring them back together. Create a new home.

Was this the right place?