Undead, Again

Thunder broke the silence of the graveyard at night. A lightning bursted through the clouds when Cassie took the first deep breath.

Darkness surrounded her when she looked around. Her hands were touching smooth wood. Under her, she felt ripped off velvet

She was in a coffin. 

Panicking she pushed the lid open. The tomb was not that high, so it just hit the roof, but she somehow fitted through the little slit, falling on the bones of a corpse buried next to her. Disgusting.

After some seconds of reorientation, she found the marble stone covering her grave. She needed some attempts, but she got hold of her power and broke the stone. Again she fell on the ground with a thud.

But this time the ground was wet, because of rain. Cassie held her face into the drops of water falling from the sky and smiled widely. The fresh air, the coolness of the rain on her cheeks...she felt alive again.

When another lightning lightened the world around her, she saw a tall figure walking up to her.

„Elijah..."

She whispered, starting to feel drowsy. Suddenly it all fell off her. She was tired and overwhelmed by everything.

Elijah's eyes widened when he saw her laying on the ground.

She was here. Naked, dirty, but alive. It worked. The witches really resurrected her.

A rush of emotion flooded him. All the pain, all the love but it connected to one thing: relief.

He awoke from his numbness when she tried to stay up but failed and fell back on the ground. The Original caught her before she could get hurt and cradled her in his arms.

„It worked...I can't believe it."

Looking at her in awe, he got out of the jacket of his suit and covered her naked body with it.

„What happened?"

Her voice was still creaky and confused.

„Don't you remember anything?"

Cassie closed her eyes stressed and tried very hard to remember. She knew that she had died and something happened afterwards, but she couldn't point out what.

„No...the last thing I know is  that your father murdered me."

Of course she started to shiver in fear when she remembered.

„Don't be afraid, my love. He's taken care of. I will get you home, you need something to drink and rest. Afterwards, I will tell you everything."

...

When they entered the compound, everyone stopped in motion and looked at her in shock. Like they saw a ghost. Literally.

She felt well enough to walk next to Elijah. He steadied her with an arm wrapped around her waist. Now he instinctively grabbed her tighter to protect her.

But of course there was no need.

Hayley and Rebekah rushed to Cassie's side and hugged her. They all sobbed and even cried a bit, relieved to have her back. Until seeing her here, they hadn't believed that Elijah would succeed in bringing her back.

After being released of the hugs, Cassie walked past Niklaus, whom she gave a small nod with a tiny smile, creating a silent peace offering.

Now she stepped to the newest member of the Mikaelsons, their long lost sister Freya.

„Who are you?"

Cassie lifted an eyebrow. Elijah failed to hold back a smile. Well, at least her attitude survived.

„My name is Freya...I seem to be the oldest Mikaelson sibling. It's nice to meet you. I heard a lot of you."

Freya gave her a friendly look and stretched her hand out to greet the vampire.

„Hopefully just the best. So then what are you? Why haven't we heard about you?"

„I'm a witch, I was in a deep slumber for the past thousand years. I'll tell you my story when you...feel better."

She motioned to Cassie's outfit that just consisted out of Elijah's jacket.

Cassie eyed her suspiciously. She learnt not to trust long lost Mikaelson's...especially when they're witches.

But before she could repeat anything else, she felt a bit dizzy and swayed in her movements. Elijah again caught her and carried her up to their room upstairs.

„I...I'm sorry...it's just so much to take in."

She apologized, she didn't wanted to cause any more worry.

„No, no. It's alright. You just need rest and I'll get you some blood."

...

After she fed, she felt quite better and refused to sleep as Elijah wished.

They talked for over an hour, Elijah filling her in on what happened.

„You risked everything to bring me back. Elijah, you know that this was wrong. Don't tell me you had nothing to loose, because you have! Think about your siblings, Hope."

Her lover sighted and cupped her cheeks.

„I couldn't forgive myself because you died for me. I can now see that I was out of my mind. I'm so sorry..."

„You don't have to tell me. I'm back, well, that's good for me. Please, go apologize to your family. They must've had a rough time, too."

He nodded understanding while she squeezed his hand supportingly.

„In the mean time...I will go take a shower. I still stench like death."

Cassie gave him a cheering smile and stood up, moving to the bathroom.

„I'll see you in a minute. Don't let me wait."

Winking, she closed the door behind her. She took a deep breath, taking a moment of silence before undressing.

But before she could enter the shower, she was interrupted by Elijah, who just came in without knocking.

She pulled her eyebrows up in question. His eyes were fixed on her, still looking somehow tormented.

„I...can't keep calm if I don't see you. If I don't, I imagine that it was just a nice dream and you're still dead."

Elijah rushed to her and pulled her in a long, satisfying kiss. She halfway opened her eyelids, suddenly feeling full of energy. It was his effect on her, this passionate mood.

„Then, don't let me out of your eyesight. But if you want that, you need to shower with me."

Her voice sent a chill through Elijah's spine. He knew it was wrong to feel lust right now, but his body asked for more. Every inch of his body wanted her, overwhelmed by the fact that she was standing in front of him.

Touching her again was so intense. He didn't know if he could ever stop.

After undressing her lover, Cassie turned on the steaming hot water. They started to kiss passionately under the stream of water. He caressed her soft skin, and she drove her hands through his wet her.

They just broke apart from time to time to look at each other's eyes.

„I missed you, Elijah. Wherever I was."

He chuckled lightly.

„Believe me, I missed you, too."