I'm a Sinner

Hours later the couple laid in their bed, wasting the hours with staring at each other. Sometimes Elijah caressed the bare skin of her shoulder, while Cassie closed her eyes in pleasure.

„I don't know if I'll ever be able to stop looking at you...touching you...hear your lovely voice."

Elijah said dreamily. His lover laughed and softly kissed his lips.

„But we need to. Somehow reality will get us, you know that."

He rolled his eyes.

„Of course I know...but when we fixed everything...when our family is at peace...I need some time alone with you. Somewhere else, maybe France? I know you love Paris."

„That sounds lovely. But now we'll get dressed and talk to the others."

Laughter erupted when Elijah grabbed her and pulled her in tightly, connecting their lips again.

„Elijah..."

Her voice got weak when he started to shift his kisses to her neck. She enjoyed it for a while before quickly standing up, getting some space in between them before he could convince her to stay in bed.

„Come on, you won't get younger."

She throw his shirt on his face before choosing a pair of jeans and tight fitting tank top for herself.

...

Together, they walked down the steps. Downstairs, the whole family was gathered. Their faces looked stressed, but softened a bit when they saw Cassie and Elijah. They knew that he was back to his old self again. Even Niklaus had to admit that it was good that she was alive again.

„So, what's on the to-do-list for today?"

Cassie's light voice chirped.

„First of all, calm some justified angry witches. The New Orleans' covens want you head, Elijah. They had century-old structures and you destroyed them all."

„Not that I wouldn't like to annoy some witches, but I think that have gone too far, brother."

Klaus interfered into Freya's speech.

His older brother sighted and stepped closer to them.

„I know that I've...gone of the rails for the last two years. I sincerely apologize for that. I wasn't...myself. But I will make it up. I'll talk to the witches."

„I don't know if they'll want to talk. I recommend throwing that coven you brought here out again."

„Niklaus, I can't do that. I promised them a safe place here."

„I don't care who you gave your word here. This is our city and if the witches want a war, fine...you know how much I like some fighting. But this time I don't think that New Orleans witches are the real danger."

Cassie looked up to Elijah.

„He's right, Elijah. It was too easy, you must admit that. They'll want more and we need to find out what."

„Well, then, we'll go talk. Are you sure you want to come with me?"

„Yes, of course. This is about me. I somehow have the feeling they kept me as leverage. But first of all..."

She trailed off when she saw Kol leaving the room. Cassie squeezed Elijah's hand shortly, symbolizing that everything was alright. The she followed her friend.

Before she could leave the room, she was grabbed by Hayley.

„Cassie?"

„Yes, Hayley?"

The hybrids face softened.

„It's good to have you back. I missed a friend...and I couldn't endure watching Elijah like this anymore. Please, stay safe. We all need you."

She nodded to Hayley, silently thanking her. It warmed her heart. Never had she had the feeling to be needed. To be a part of a family.

But now she knew she was. Elijah said our family back in their bedroom. She still wore her wedding ring...even though she did not know what that meant...They engraved the name „Mikaelson" into her tombstone. And now Hayley's little speech. It felt good. It felt safe.

...

Cassie found Kol in his room. After she knocked, he told her to come in.

„Hey..."

„Hey."

Awkward silence erupted. Cassie sighted and sat next to him on his bed.

„Why is it getting...awkward between us? I always liked the carefreeness of our relation."

„Sorry, but I can't really be carefree after the woman I love died."

„Kol..."

„Yes, yes, I know. We talked about that. You love my brother, nothing will happen between us. I got it. I still...you know, after our argument back in the day I went to this little shelter in the woods out in Virginia. First I wanted to visit Mystic Falls but then it came to my mind that they all hate me. I'm hated everywhere, but that's alright. I don't care. But I care about that you and me. Our friendship. I don't want to throw that away because of my pathetic feelings. I thought I loved many women in a thousand years. I'll get over you, I just need time. You're not that significant."

Kol joked at the last sentence. Cassie laughed freely and hugged her friend.

„Thank you, Kol."

„Stop it, darling, it'll get to my head. So, let's get rid of these witches. The only thing I need right now would be a nice little party and the blood of a pretty brunette. And these old ladies stay in my way to do that."

Smiling, Cassie stood up to go back to the others.

„Wait, promise me something."

„I'll not promise anything before I heard the terms."

Cassie pulled up an eyebrow.

„Please, never get yourself in such a danger again. I won't visit your next funeral, I'll riot against it."

„I promise, I'll stay as safe as I can."