Chapter 15: Nothing Good Happens After 2 A.M.

Mehmet:

Okay, so I'm a complete idiot. I just ruined everything, all because of my insecurities. I said things I shouldn't have said. I should have at least let her talk. It would've have saved me an accident and a shit load of embarassment. I hate myself for being so impulsive. She probably doesn't even want to see my face and I don't blame her either. But I want to make it up to her. I have to at least apologise.

I accused her for sleeping around, that's the worst possible insult anyone could say! And all because of my insecurities! I may not talk about them, but ever since my girlfriend cheated on me, I never got into a serious relationship. Yes, I did have a few hookups, but only to release my frustration, no strings attached whatsoever, because it was easier that way. Saved me from the trouble of a heartbreak. I honestly preferred it that way. But ever since I first met Ms. Beautiful Eyes, that day in front of my shop, I didn't want to be that person anymore. I felt more at peace than I did before. I changed from the guy who'd ocassionally pick up girls from the bar and take them home, to being the person who'd never do that and come back home to his mom and spend time with her, like a good son. Don't get me wrong, its not like I used to neglect my mom or something, you know my story. Also, especially after my baba's death, I had to become more responsible and mature and had to cut down on all my activities. I had no one to confide in though, I was actually pretty lonely.

Although now I was all alone, and I practically didn't have any responsibility, since my mother went back to her village in Izmir, and my sister went abroad to study, but I didn't want to go back to my old self with one-night stands and shiz.

And then when I met her again, as if fate wanted us to, I really thought I've found 'the one', as cheesy as it may sound. I was very serious before I messed everything up. Right now, I was at the local pub, thinking about what wrong I've done. I was sulking over this, cursing myself, hating myself, when I heard a voice from behind.

"Mehmet is that you?" A familiar voice said.

I turned around to see who it was, it was Sara, the CEO of the company that sponsored us in Iran.

"Oh Merhaba! (Hello). What brings you here?" I asked her.

"Well I came here for a vacation, alone." She replied.

"Oh that's nice. Well then, I welcome you to my country. I hope you have a great time here." I said trying to sound as polite as I can, "so, where are you staying?"

"Firstly, thank you for the hearty welcome," she said as she continued, "the hotel isn't far away from here, I'm staying at one of the best of the best ones in the city."

"Oh. Its getting a bit late, shouldn't you be going back to your hotel?" It was getting late, it was already 2 a.m.

"Well I was about to leave, when I saw you, what's up? How's life?" She asked as if she was interested in my personal life.

As if I would tell her what's going on in my life. Hahaha. I blurted out a laugh, unintentionally.

"Um? What does that mean?" She waited for my reply and then continued "uhh.. anywho, my hotel is just two blocks away, would you mind dropping me there?"

"Yeah sure why not." I continued, "but let me get you a drink first."

"Oh no, I've already had too many." She politely denied.

"Hey, its not as if you have to drive or something, besides one more drink won't do any more harm than the ones you had before." I insisted, "and besides, I owe you too."

"Well okay, I'll have a glass of red wine."

"Ooh classy." I said with an unintentional wink.

After drinks we both left I went to drop her off at the place she was staying. It was a grand hotel, probably a 7 starred hotel, and why would she settle for any less? She's the CEO of a company after all.

"Woah, what a luxurious place this is!" I exclaimed as I stood in front of the entrance.

"Well why don't you come up and see my room." She offered, flirtatiously.

Now I don't know why I did what I did next, maybe it was the alcohol talking or the regret.

"Sure lets go up to your room."

I don't remember what happened next, maybe the alcohol fogged up my memory. What I do remember is waking up the next morning, naked, in bed with Sara, with a really bad hangover. What the heck just happened. I screwed up big time! Shit!

As Ted Mosby rightfully said, 'Nothing good happens after 2 a.m.'