12th chapter: The resolution to be strong

A big thank you to all those who keep reading this story and a special thank you to LunarStarlight for never giving up on me~!

Mia's PoV

Another hour or so had passed since Shade had made that scary statement. I had seen by his eye and by the lack of the other, that he wasn't kidding, he did plan on keeping me here locked away and never to see the outside world again but there was something I still couldn't fully understand, why me? In Shade's eyes I was just a human, a worthless one, so why? Why was I so important to the point they had kidnaped me from my own house, was there something only I could do?

Thinking back to the time I had been kidnapped my thought fell on my mother. She would completely freak out once she got home only to see I wasn't there, and what about Heart and Reyen? Was Heart aware of what had happened? Probably yes but I could be sure. By being caught off guard when Klaud appeared out of nowhere I hadn't had time to defend myself and Heart's necklace was left behind on top of my pillow.

Right now I could only depend on myself an no matter how scary it could be I wouldn't just sit and wait for someone to come and rescue me like a princess of some fairy tale, no, I would be my own knight in shining armour, but first I had to get rid of the chains.

Getting restless I tried everything that came to mind to get free but however nothing seemed to work. Just like Shade had mentioned I couldn't use my powers at all and cursed at the fact that the enemy was actually smart, too smart, for my own good.

Suddenly the door clicked and it opened as Shade leaned against the door frame.

"Ready for a walk?" speaking from across the room he mentioned.

He no longer wore the plain white shirt and black pants tucked inside his boots, this time his clothes were much more elaborated and formal with his shirt with all the buttons buttoned, a red tie around his neck, a black coat with red adorning that reached his ankles and a loosen black belt, worn diagonally over his shirt and dark pants, where two swords and a chain rested.

"I'm not a dog." I exclaimed wary.

I was still not quite sure of what my feeling towards him were, hate or annoyance? Probably both but most of all fear, a tremendous amount of fear growing by with every action he took, however I wasn't going to let him notice that, no, I would be brave even if that meant having to put up a front.

"I don't really care." he said as he approached me. "You are going to do what I tell you when I tell you and you better not disobey me." his icy voice reverberated through the room and a chill run down my back.

There it was the fear he could provoke on me, the fear which made me unable to move.

"Mark my words." he placed his left hand on the bed getting closer to my face. "As long as you're alive it doesn't matter in which state you're in."

If I thought his voice couldn't get any icy I had just been proven wrong for it was almost as if I had been frozen on the spot just by hearing him speak. A cold sweat run through all my body, maybe it wasn't only due to fear, maybe it was also my fever coming back but I was too terrified to be able to think clearly and unfortunately Shade had noticed it.

"Good thing we're clear." he let out deprived of any kind of emotion, his eye was dulled as he stared right into mine and his face was back at the boring expression he had when we first had met.

Shade stepped back a little and took a small key out of his left pocket of the black pants he was wearing, then he unlocked the chains on my wrists which by now were starting to become a dark shade of purple and quickly chained them back, this time by smaller ones he brought on his belt.