17th chapter: Back home

Mia's PoV

After putting the dress away, I fell on top of my bed letting out a long and loud sight of relieve; I was finally back to my own world, my own house and I couldn't feel any happier. Reyen was looking at me amused but definitely experiencing the same feeling of relieve as I, while Heart had returned to his human form and was currently downstairs picking up the pieces of the glass that had slipped from my hands back when Klaud had kidnapped me. I had told him I would do that but he had refused telling me to get in bed as I was supposedly recovering from a cold.

"Mia." Reyen called quietly. "I'm sorry for what I said when I came to visit you." he apologized never once lifting his gaze from me. "Richard is an okay guy, I guess." he admitted scratching the back of his head.

"I don't mind." I answered him smiling. "You had your opinions and I respect them but I'm glad you've changed your view."

"I said things without knowing but I had seen some strange things." he mentioned. "I was worried."

"I know. Thank you."

"By the way, has Richard said anything about Ma–" Reyen's question was suddenly interrupted when Heart came back.

"Why so silent? Is it something I cannot hear?" Heart asked Reyen suspicious.

"No, nothing. Never mind." Reyen let out sitting on the chair he had placed near the bed before our journey and falling silent.

Heart fell silent as well not wanting to bother himself fighting Reyen over something stupid, but he was still suspicious of him.

It had passed two minutes since we had arrived and we were now all sitting in a comfortable silence; I was back in my bed leaning against its head while Heart sat at the end of it just like he had done before, meanwhile Reyen hadn't move a single muscle. Everyone was lost in their own thoughts, trying to let it all sink in and it was so quiet and calm that it seemed just as if what had happened didn't, in fact, happen at all.

Not much after, we heard the front door of my house open and close with a baam soon followed by the sound of high heels quickly climbing up the stairs stopping in front of my room as the door opened revealing my mother on the other side. Her expression, one of surprise, showed exactly what she wasn't expecting to find; after all that morning, for her, she had left her daughter alone with a fever and ended up coming back to the exact opposite: accompanied and looking rather well.

"Hello, Mia's mother." Reyen quickly got up introducing himself. "It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Reyen, Mia's friend. I was worried about her condition so decided to pay a visit, with Richard, and bring some oranges from the tree back at my house." he explained himself not lying but omitting some of the true.

"Why thank you. That's very sweet of you." mother thanked with a smile. "It's nice seeing you again Richard."

"Hi ma'am. It is a pleasure to see you again too."

"You already know each other?" Reyen asked confused and I laughed.

"Mother and Richard have already met once."

"Yes, that cutie brought my daughter home once." approaching Reyen she jokingly said. "But you're not bad yourself either."

"Mom!" I groaned embarrassed by the way she was treating them both.

"Now, now" switching her attention back to me she approached my bed and placed her hand on my forehead. "How are you feeling?"

"Better!" I answered honestly.