19th chapter: Secrets of the past

Heart's PoV

Apart from the attacks at the beginning of the week the rest had passed by quietly, too quietly in my opinion. It was already Sunday but not once had I sensed the presence of a demon, everything looked almost as if I had a completely normal life instead of the prince of the spirits who fights demons for the peace of the human world life I had been living for the past year.

Laying on my bed with my arms behind my head and my left leg bent while my right one rested on top of my left knee, I stared at the ceiling apprehensive. Another thing that had been bothering me all this time was the fact that they had kidnapped Mia so boldly; never had the demons acted so rascally so it only meant either they were getting out of time or out of patience. Not only were these things worrisome enough, I had one more to add to the list: Mia's refusal into telling me what had happened to her in the demon world.

Ever since she got back, Mia hadn't been herself, always disappearing after school and speaking less and less, just as if she had closed herself up.

Changing positions I turned to my left facing the wall in front of me; after that bold attack the only reason I could think of for the demons to not show any movement was because Klaud, like myself and Reyen, was still recovering from the wound I gave him and was patiently waiting for his recovering to be complete to go all out on us, something which wasn't good at all.

I got up from the bed and proceeded to the bathroom taking off my grey t-shirt. As I stared at the mirror my gaze fell on the scar across my entire torso and the memories it brought. It was only a scar now, thankfully, but half a year ago it had been a life or dead situation from which I had survived despite the guilt and frustration my own survival brought upon me.

I unbuttoned my pants and took them out sitting on top of the toilet seat, carefully I removed the bandages around my left leg in order to apply some treatment to the wound, of all of the scars and bumps I had, this wound had been the worst of it as it had cut right through my muscles however if there was a good thing about being a spirit was that the wounds healed faster than on humans and now, almost a week later, I could finally walk without hobbling.

Having removed every bandage and every patch placed on my body I decided to take a bath. The warm water allowed my tense muscles to relax and before starting to wash my body I let myself stay under the running shower as if it was able to wash away all my worries and tiredness. Having taken a bath I proceeded to treat my leg wound carefully and it was in that precise moment that a strange feeling arose in me: there was something wrong with Mia.

Mia's PoV

Exhausted I sat on the dirty ground of the forest catching my breath, for the past hour I had been training trying to get a hang of my powers. I was mad, irritated actually, by my lack of strength.

Back in the spirit world I hadn't allow Heart and Reyen to notice my feelings but here I had been training all week trying to end with this frustration I felt. I couldn't allow the same thing to happen again, no, I wouldn't allow it.

I took a deep breath and laid on the ground closing my eyes, I felt tired, really tired, I knew I was overworking and that if I didn't rest properly I'd end up collapsing due to the lack of energy but the desire to get stronger overwhelmed any other feeling I could have.

I was ready to start training again when I felt the presence of Heart in the necklace and soon appeared in front of me with his golden hair dripping wet.