30th Chapter: Recollections of the past (part one)

Reyen's PoV

"I was looking for you!" I announced staring at Jeremy.

I really didn't feel like fighting with him. He was my best friend, he was the one there for me when Hanna passed away and I was always by his side, be it when his mother died or every time his father went on a rampage and ended up hitting him, but in the end, all that didn't matter because I hadn't been able to stop my best friend from being consumed by the darkness.

"I don't want to fight you, but if that's what it takes to wake you up then come here and let me panck you a bit with my frying pan, perhaps even introduce you two, if you're into it."

"You haven't changed, you're still as childish as ever!" Jeremy replied.

"And you look like you got your toy taken away."

"How pathetic, you and your ways. You won't achieve a thing!"

"Now then, you're wrong." I proclaimed waving my finger with a grin. "They are not pathetic, they are childish."

At my last statement I saw a smile forming on Jeremy's lips for a brief moment, his smile.

"Shall we test that theory of yours?" I asked with a new strength, maybe right now Jeremy was too far from the person controlling him weakening its effect and if that were the case I'd definitely take the opportunity and bring him back to his senses. "Let's see whether I can achieve or not what I want with my childish ways."

"That's a waste of time. I'll end this now."

"Oh what's this? Jeremy backing down from a fight? So this upgrade version of yours has only made you a coward? I'd ask for a refund!"

I knew Jeremy too well for his own good and if there was still a bit of the old Jeremy in there then teasing him like this would most definitely grin his gears.

"I am not a coward!" he roared and I couldn't help but showing a smile. "What do you propose?"

"Well, seeing as we aren't both that experience in fights how about a mental game?" I suggested.

Despite having my frying pan with me and being perfectly capable of throwing a few punches, I knew that fighting him wouldn't achieve anything in this situation so I preferred to fight him with the power of words – last case scenario I could throw him a dictionary that ought to work as well.

"And?" Jeremy asked clearly interested.

"I'll talk you to death!"

"Excuse me?"

"I'll wake you up with my words!"

"You think that will work? Don't make me laugh." Jeremy let out a dry laugh.

"I can try."

"And if you fail?"

"I'll join you."

"I don't need you."

"Perhaps, but I wouldn't say the same thing about this ring." I said showing Jeremy the ring Richard's father had given me. "With this I can create any weapon I can think of as well as other utilities. You could arm an army up to its teeth. Think about it."

Revealing the existence of the ring to Jeremy was a dangerous bet but it was a risk I was ready to take if that gave me an opportunity to bring Jeremy back.

"Very well, have it your way." Jeremy gave in and I grinned. "Do your worst!"

"Don't worry. I'll knock you out of your feet."