33rd chapter: The world's destruction

Reyen's PoV

Jeremy had fallen asleep and I was currently carrying him on my back while walking down the school's hallway trying to find any trace of Mia or Richard. In my right hand I held my bow and arrows ready to shoot down any demon if necessary, while my left hand was supporting Jeremy so that he wouldn't fall. It was hard carrying him and trying to stay alert at the same time but now that he was once again by my side I wasn't going to leave him.

As I passed the stairs leading to the rooftop I noticed a violet light coming from the door leading outside so, I decided to gather my strength and go upstairs, seeing as there was no trace of them elsewhere they had to be up there.

When I crossed the rooftop door I spotted Klaud right away and next to him, on the floor, was Richard with a quite painful look on his face as he held onto his stomach.

"We are back?"

"That can only mean we've succeeded." I heard Klaud mention with a grin and after that Maya, Mia and Shade appeared before us.

"Mia!" Richard and I called at the same time alerting them to my presence, however Mia didn't reply.

"No use shouting. She can no longer hear you!" Shade mentioned signalizing Klaud to go back to his side.

Once Klaud stepped away from Richard, I turned back to the inside of the building and laid Jeremy on the ground next to the wall, then I crossed the door once again and closed it behind me just to make sure Jeremy wouldn't be caught up in the fight and would stay out of harm's way, then I joined Richard's side.

"What have you done? Mia!" Richard threw furious trying to get up, but yet again she didn't even flinch, she looked so lifeless and empty with her eyes, dull and plain, having completely lost their shine.

"Shouldn't you worry more about you? You're a mess, Heart." Maya pointed out eyeing him up and down.

As I crouched down to help Richard sit up, I understood why he was grabbing onto his stomach with such a painful expression. His clothes were damped with blood, same as his left hand, as the wound started to pose a threat on his life. I had to agree with Maya, with such a wound he did look a mess, no use denying it.

"What have you done?" Richard repeated tightening the grip on my left shoulder where his right hand rested for support.

"I heard you the first time, so calm down. No one likes a repetitive guy." Maya let out with a scorn.

She might have loved Richard in the past but right now, with everything she had been through and the hurt she had felt, all her love had turned into hate and I couldn't help but feel sorry not only for her but for Richard as well.

"Richard don't move around too much, that wound isn't something you can just pretend it's not there." I warned him as he tried yet again to get up but he didn't seem to be listening to a word I was saying.

"You might be wondering why I brought you here." Maya started and I shifted my gaze from Richard to her. "I want you all to witness my absolute victory. You were all but mere paws in my game and now that I finally control the guardian, my wish will finally come true."

"You are lying. Mia did not fall into your hands." Richard said shocked. "She never would."

"Why don't you see for yourself?!" Klaud exclaimed with his never fading grin on his face.

With a snap of fingers from Shade, Mia started to run in our direction but Richard got up in a flash ignoring the pain he felt and grabbed her by her wrists, stopping Mia in her tracks.