26th chapter: Friendly advice

Mia's PoV

"Do you understand, Reyen?" I asked having opened up to him about Jeremy.

"I can't say I haven't noticed." he mentioned thoughtful. "But what can I do? He's been ignoring me for months now, no matter whatever I tell him he just won't listen."

I could feel the desperation lacing in Reyen's voice and it pained me to know that right now I couldn't help him at all.

"It's okay Reyen, we will be able to bring him back. I'm going to make sure of it." trying to cheer him up I mentioned, I definitely wouldn't allow for things to drag on much longer.

Taking my hand and squeezing it, Reyen looked at me with a sweet smile.

"Thank you, Mia, but please, don't do anything rash. I care about you deeply and I wouldn't want to see you hurt." Reyen's words made my heart warm and I found myself smiling back at him for his kindness.

"I'll take care of myself, don't worry."

"I'll protect you!" still holding my hand, Reyen proclaimed. "No matter what, I will make sure you are alright." and placing a kiss on my hand he smiled at me and I blushed slightly.

"I am back." Heart announced approaching Reyen and I.

"How was the meeting?" I inquired him.

"Repetitive." with a sigh he answered.

Ever since we had reached the conclusion Heart still kept on having those meeting with the teacher just so he could stay away from me, seeing as whenever he was close I wouldn't get attacked, Reyen would always stay with me as to not leave me by myself or as they called it, as to not be left vulnerable.

I couldn't say I was happy about this. Of course I liked their company and it made me happy to have them by my side but everyone needs some time alone and lately I couldn't get any at all, either I was at home with my mother or at school with them.

"The bell is about to ring so you can go ahead." I mentioned wanting to go to the bathroom, the only place I could truly be alone.

"I will go with you!"

Or maybe not.

"Heart, you can't go with me." I exclaimed stopping him and hoping he would get the hint.

"Why? I am not leaving you alone."

"Heart!"

"Come on pal, let's go." winking at me Reyen said grabbing Heart's collarbone and dragging him away while I mouthed a thank you.

Finally alone I let out a sigh of relieve and went towards the bathroom, and after doing whatever businesses I had in there I came out and was suddenly welcomed by an oddly quietness, at first I thought that maybe the bell had already rand but when I saw Jeremy coming in my direction I picked up the pieces.

Getting ready to fight back if necessary I assumed a defensive posture but I was soon caught off guard.

"Mia, wait!" Jeremy called with such vivacity that made me doubt whether he was being controlled or not, after all, every time someone was being controlled they didn't speak or show any of their personality, they were really just like puppets in a show.

"Jeremy?"

"You have to go. Leave this place. Go somewhere else where you know they can't reach you!" Jeremy warned with pleading eyes and I got closer.

"Why? What's going on?" I asked but Jeremy suddenly screamed in pain as he brought his hands up to his head.

Unable to watch him writhe with pain, I squatted down to his level to try and help him but when I did so he grabbed my arms crabbing his nails in them as he looked at me with his eyes flashing red.