Keeping Warm

Ava's head started to throb and Sam's voice started to echo in her head. "Avy, Ava... come on sweets." He said while he shook her body.

"Stop shaking me Sam. I'm alive." Ava said through gritted teeth while she still had here eyes closed. "Jesus Av, you scared us back there." Nathan said to her as he stood up.

"Then if you are still alive, lets get you up." She opened her eyes and Sam pulled her up. As she wanted to take a step forward, she stumbled.

Lucky for her, she had Sam to catch her. "You okay?" He asked her gently almost in a whisper as their face was an inch away. "Yeah, my head hurts a little. Lets just continue shall we?" She said, grabbing Sam's forearm for support.

Suddenly Ava stopped and watched the bright blue sky with the mountains high up to it. She inhaled deeply and crossed her arms. Just looking.

She remembered what Nora and herself made the rule "take a moment to enjoy the view" and she always did follow that rule. She never broke it.

Even with Nathan using dynamites to break down a wall, she didn't flinch. Surely, Sam and Nathan took notice of that.

"I think...I think she got hit pretty hard in the head.." Nathan whispered to his brother, thinking Ava wouldn't hear. But she did and still ignored.

"Avy, baby... Are you alright?" Sam asked taking caution. "Baby?" Nathan asked as he scrub he's up his nose in confusion.

"Um...I though that it would, I don't know, maybe she'd react to it?" Sam defended himself. "Sureeee." Nathan said as he smirked.

"You two need to shut up." She grabbed both their hands and pulled them towards the edge, Nathan thought that this time, she got hit in the head pretty hard that she lost her marbles.

"Enjoy the view." Ava said simply.

The three stood next to each other, Ava in the middle, Sam on the left and Nathan on the right. They were admiring the view.

But Sam didn't only admire the view that Ava and Nathan were looking at. He admired the view that was standing right next to him.

After the three found Avery's grave, they entered a maze where Nathan found another puzzle they had to deal with.

Ava started to shiver as she watched Nathan solve the puzzle. She hugged herself tightly and Sam couldn't help being amused by her.

"What's so funny?" She said to him flatly. "You look like an angry squirrel." Sam said chuckling.

"Is that supposed to be funny." She rolled her eyes at him. "No, its supposed to be cute. Now, c'mere doll-face." He walked towards her with slightly open arms and hugged her to warm her up.

She didn't want to feel like a baby, but she couldn't fight it off because she was too cold and, she liked it.

"I'm always the one solving everything." Nathan sang in an annoyed tone as he rolled his eyes.

"Well I can't let her freeze to death, can I?" Sam said in a matter of fact as he winked at his brother.

"And what's your excuse Ave?" Nathan said raising his brows as he looked at her. Her face was buried in Sam's chest and not only was he hugging her, she was hugging herself.

"I'm just really cold.." she said with a muffled voice.