Chapter Six

"Ugh," Hailey snarls. "Who the heck do they think they are? Kissing us like that. They have absolutely no right!"

It's the next day at school, and Hailey had just finished telling Tart what had happened at the mall yesterday. We're outside of the school, since school hasn't really started yet.

"Are you kidding?" Tart exclaims. "You guys are so lucky! They're all so cute!"

I roll my eyes. Of course that would be Tart's reaction.

"Whatever," I answer. "Let's just get to class."

"Not yet," someone whispers in my ear.

Great.

"Run," Hailey says, and we both sprint into the school building.

Tart, obviously, stays to flirt with the boys.

When Hailey and I are out of the boys' reach in the building, I look back at Tart. She has that cute smile on but Blake seems to have no interest in her. He walks away, rolling his eyes. His friends follow him, although at least two of them actually like Tart.

I laugh softly, and walk to my first class with Hailey. We have mainly the same classes but Tart has only one class with me and no classes with Hailey.

After school, I walk back home in no rush, by myself. Suddenly, a small bird swoops down in front of me and drops a piece of folded paper in my hand. I open it.

Hey beautiful,

Meet me.

Blake

"What the heck is this supposed to mean?" I ask the bird, because I know Blake's controlling it but it's already gone.

I sigh.

'Meet me'? What's that supposed to mean? Then, I know where to find him.

I run to the woods, trying not to use my super speed in case someone spots me. I crash through the forest, until I arrive at a small clearing with lots of beautiful flowers.

No one's there though, but then I feel a small gust of wind. I grin.

"Hey, beautiful," I hear someone whisper.

"Hi," I whisper, looking behind me.

Of course Blake is there.

"Didn't think you'd find me."

"I don't know how I did either," I answer.

Blake chuckles, and looks away.

"What do you want?" I ask, sitting down on the slightly wet grass.

Blake shrugs, lying down beside me.

"Hey, about what happened at the mall..." Blake says slowly.

I cross my arms over my chest and raise my right eyebrow.

"What was that all about?" I ask.

Blake laughs.

"Annoying you," he responds.

"And what about Hailey? You know she hates boys," I say.

"I didn't tell Jordan to do that. He just did. He likes her, you know."

"I don't think...actually, I'm certain Hailey won't like that. You know her. She doesn't want a boyfriend."

Blake doesn't say anything, staring up at the blue sky.

"Nice day," he says, out of nowhere.

 I grin.

"Good thing I'm happy," I answer.

Blake smiles and nods.

"Well, I gotta go then..." I say awkwardly.

"No, you don't."

"My parents are going to freak," I snap.

Blake sighs.

"Sorry. I'm just not used to having curfews."

"I don't have curfews!" I exclaim.

"Never mind."

"What were your parents like?" I suddenly ask softly.

Blake bites his bottom lip.

"I honestly don't remember much. But they always wanted what was best for me. They wanted me to follow my dream. Every time I called them after I left, they would tell me everything about everything back home. I would rarely FaceTime them but when they FaceTimed me, I didn't have the heart to reject the call. They never questioned why I never changed aged." Blake's breath catches, but he forces himself to continue. "My mother died first. She was out walking and then she got lost. It was in the winter, and where I lived has very cold winters. Her phone had died too. My father thought that she had just decided to walk more, so by the time he realized something was wrong, she was dead."

Blake's voice is shaky; I know how hard this must be for him. I touch his muscled arm.

"I'm sorry," I whisper.

Blake doesn't stop; he just continues with his story.

"I should have been at least 50 by then. I couldn't go to her funeral with my young face. I hated myself. If I weren't a Supernatural, she would have lived. I would have gone with her and she wouldn't have been lost. She wouldn't have froze to death."

Tears start to roll down Blake's cheeks.

"My father  had changed since my mother's death. For four years, he would sit in his old armchair and stare at my mother's portrait. He wouldn't sleep. He wouldn't eat. I went home to take care of him, but I never went outside. I never showed my face to anybody but him. But he was so gone from the world, he didn't even know it was me there. I hated having to watch him like that. When he died, I was almost happy. He was gone from his misery, and now he could be with my mother forever."

"Don't tell me more," I whisper, a tear rolling down my cheek.

"Why not?" Blake asks, not crying anymore but clear despair on his face.

"Because it's going to rain."

Blake laughs a hollow laugh.

"I gotta go now," I say, standing up. "For real."

Blake stands up too.

I look at him, but I can't bear seeing him like that. Hopeless, helpless, hurt. So I press my lips against his.

"Love you," I whisper, before I sprint off back home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know this chapter was kind of boring. But I needed to give more info about Blake so yeah. And I was kind of out of ideas...:) So if you guys have any suggestions, please don't hesitate to tell me. Thanks for reading and don't forget to follow, like, vote and yah. So bye! Love you!

Love,

MeggieForever