Chapter 15

The first few days are just reading over our parts and that stuff. In three weeks though, we start to act. As we drive over to the place where this part will be set, I go over my part.

"This is the part when Lena had just broken the window and she's at the bush place, crying while Ethan follows her," my acting coach tells me.

"Okay," I say, scanning through the words on my paper.

When we get to the set, all the actors and actresses are there even though it's not really necessary to have everybody. After everything is ready, I take my place and the acting starts.

"Lena?"

I start to cry.

"Don't touch me, Ethan," I say.

"What happened?"

Ethan (Alex) sits down beside me and touches my hand. I jerk my hand back.

"Don't touch me," I repeat.

"Why?" Ethan (Alex) asks softly.

I shake my head.

"You won't understand."

"Yes, I will," Ethan (Alex) answers. "What did you do to the window?"

I bite my bottom lip, trying to stop myself from laughing at the obvious question.

"I broke it, idiot," I snap, grinning.

Alex starts laughing, and so do I.

"Cut!" the director shouts, but he's laughing too.

Bella runs over to me.

"You have to be serious!" she says, but she's also laughing.

Basically everybody is.

After everyone has calmed down, we start acting again.

"Lena?"

I start to cry again.

"Don't touch me."

"What happened?"

Alex sits down beside me and touches my hand. I jerk it away.

"I said don't touch me, Ethan."

"Why?"

I shake my head.

"You won't understand," I whisper.

"Yes I will," Alex replies. "What did you do to the window?"

"I broke it."

I don't laugh this time, luckily.

"You weren't even touching it, Lena. How did you break it if you weren't touching it?" Alex demands.

"I was touching it. You just didn't see," I answer.

Alex touches my hand again, but then his hand goes stiff. By the time I jerk my hand away, he's already acknowledged what my hand feels like.

"I said don't touch me!" I scream.

Alex's eyes widen.

"Your hand..." he whispers.

"Don't touch me, Ethan. I'm dangerous," I say softly.

"How are you dangerous?"

"You'll never understand," I snap, standing up.

I start to walk away but then Alex grabs my hand again. My rage goes up as Alex flinches and let's go of my hand. I shocked him. For real. Not acting. I shocked him for real. But we both ignore it.

"Ethan, don't touch me!" I shout.

"Lena, what are you?"

The question takes me by surprise.

"You'll never understand," I snarl.

"You're not human, are you?"

I hesitate. I can't lie anymore.

"No, I'm not," I answer.

"What are you then?"

"A Caster."

Alex doesn't ask anymore. I turn around, since I've been talking to him with my back to him this entire time.

"Are you afraid?" I ask softly.

I wince suddenly. That's exactly what Blake asked me when he showed me what he really was. An animal. A leopard.

"No," Alex answers.

I start to shake. I hear thunder start to boom. It's not from me, it's just sound effects for the movie. I'm not actually upset or anything. I run, away from Alex, away from my hidden spot, away from fear, away from danger.

I stop running when I'm out of the camera's view.

"Cut!" the director shouts. "That was good. Just try a few more times, 'kay?"

I walk back to the bush and Alex walks out of the bush.

By the end of the day, we've gotten a wrap of our first scene. That's actually very fast considering for my other movies, the first scene took around two to three days to film.

That night, I go to sleep satisfied. Scene one, wrapped up.

Sorry this one's short. I'm going for a walk now. I'll try to write more after.

Love,

MeggieForever