Chapter 33

I toss and turn all night, unable to fall asleep. Eventually, I give up and just go on my phone. At around 1 in the morning, I hear Hailey screaming from her hotel room beside mine.

"Great," I mutter.

I quickly slip out of bed and throw on some shorts but not bothering to put on any socks. I run over to Hailey's room and bang on the door to wake her up. Hailey doesn't wake up though; she just screams and screams. I get worried and just unlock the door myself with my Supernatural powers. I run into the room, after I close the door, and shake Hailey awake.

"Hailey! Hailey! Hailey!" I exclaim. "Wake up! It's just a nightmare. Hailey, wake up! Please! There's nobody here to kill you. It's just a nightmare, Hailey. It's just a nightmare!"

After what seems like an hour of shaking Hailey's arm, she does wake up. She sits up, fast and starts panting.

"I had a dream. It was a nightmare. Nothing but a nightmare. It was a dream," Hailey immediately says, trying to comfort herself.

She looks over at me, with scared eyes. I give her a reassuring squeeze on her arm.

"It's okay," I say softly.

Hailey bites her bottom lip.

"What time is it?" she asks.

"Around 1:30, I'm guessing," I reply.

"Sorry if I woke you up," Hailey whispers.

I smile sympathetically.

"I was already awake," I tell her. "Couldn't fall asleep."

"Because of..." Hailey trails off but I know what she's talking about. "Because of...you know. Them?"

I nod.

"We call them the Unknown because we don't know anything about them, other than that they're actually alive and not just something from a story," I say.

"I don't want...I don't want to talk about that," Hailey murmurs.

"I know. You want something to drink?" I suggest.

Hailey nods.

"I want some tea. There's some tea bags in the cupboard above the stove," Hailey tells me.

I quickly brew Hailey some tea and give it to her.

"Thanks, Raven," Hailey says.

"I guess I shouldn't have brought you there," I admit, sighing.

Hailey shakes her head.

"No. I loved it there, other than...you know, that part. But it was the best fun I've ever had, being able to let my Supernatural powers free," Hailey argues.

I smile.

"It's nice, being able to let loose, eh?" I ask.

Hailey nods.

I check my phone, which I brought over to Hailey's room. It's 1:50.

"Do you want to go back to sleep?" I ask.

"Nah. I won't be able to anyway. Plus, it's not like we actually need it," Hailey answers.

"Yeah, I know."

There's silence and then, I hear my phone ring. Hailey grins.

"It's Alex," I say.

"He should be asleep," Hailey replies, her eyebrows knitting together.

"I know. Let's see what he texted me now," I respond.

I open my phone and go to my texts. I read what Alex sent me aloud, so Hailey can know too.

"'Why haven't you answered my texts yet? I know it's late but I've been thinking about you all day. Please, forgive me baby. I love you. Yours, Alex'," I read aloud.

Hailey snorts.

"Forgive him? Nobody would so why would she, you idiot?" Hailey says.

"Are you talking to Alex?" I ask.

We look at eachother for a long moment, and then burst into laughter. At that moment, I know that, temporarily, Hailey has forgotten about her dream.

(A/N Was going to stop there but I have time so why not continue for you guys?)

The next day, we continue acting. Our first scene is, unfortunately, another make-out scene in between Lena and Ethan. At breakfast, I sit far away from Alex.

"Hi!" Sophie says cheerfully, sitting down across from me. "Something wrong? You and Alex don't...you know. Seem to be getting along anymore."

I sigh.

"Never let a boy like him break your heart, okay?" I say softly.

Sophie gives me a look but doesn't ask anything else.

"You know, we're halfway done the acting," Sophie tells me, out of nowhere.

"Really?" I ask, surprised.

Sophie grins.

"Yeah. I know, right? I'm so happy. After the movies we're going to have so many interviews and there's the movie's premiere and...it's just gonna be so much fun!" Sophie exclaims, excited.

"Soph, you do not want to deal with interviews. You will be so tired and the crowds will be so insane," I tell the young girl.

Sophie grins.

"I don't care," she answers.

I smile.

"When you're that age, you don't care about anything. And that's what I miss the most," I murmur.

After a quick breakfast all the actors and actresses are whisked to where we'll be acting for the day. When we get to the place, which is a high tower that represents the water tower, my crew starts getting my makeup and my hair ready.

"Everyone ready?" the director asks, after around half an hour.

I nod, and look over at Alex. He's watching me, despair on his face but I don't care.

"Action!" the director shouts, after we take our places.

The camera starts rolling.

"I have a week left, Ethan," I say, leaning my head against the pole behind me. "We have to end this. I don't know what to do. I can't pick. You have to go. I can't hurt you but if I go Dark, I will. If I go Light..."

I trail off.

Alex cups my cheek, caressing it softly. I have an urge to slap him but the quicker we get this right, the quicker I don't have to kiss him anymore. I lean in, and our lips meet. I feel a zing through my body and I feel like I'm about to burn inside out. But I resist myself and kiss him, harder and firmer until I don't have to anymore. Alex starts gasping. I try to act worried but it's not really working.

"Ethan, Ethan, Ethan!" I murmur.

After a while, I give up and tell the director we can't do this scene anymore. The director argues, but I eventually convince him to not do the scene without manipulating him. Because that scene is not a scene I want to do anymore.