Chapter 31

(A/N Can we get this story to 400 views? If we can, I will be so happy and I'll post as many chapters as I can in one day.)

"You haven't broken up yet."

I shake my head.

"I'm sorry. I can't; I don't know what's wrong with me but I can't," I answer Hailey.

"I saw him, Raven. I saw him, on the phone, telling his dad he found another prostitute to have sleep with and his dad was mighty pleased. I then saw his dad, who was cackling with satisfaction. They're nothing, Raven. They're just useless, cold, betraying players. When Alex finds another hot girl, he'll immediately dump you for her and you'll be left heartbroken. It's easier to just end your relationship now," Hailey tells me, crossing her arms over her chest.

I sigh.

"I know," I say. "But I just can't seem to give Alex up. I don't know why, but I feel like he loves me. Like he really, really loves me."

"Love can lie."

"I know that better than you do, but true love tells the truth."

"Not always, Raven. I thought I loved someone for about two months when you were here acting. He always told me he love me and he knew I felt the same to him. And it was true love; I could see it. But then, one day, he was at a party. I saw a blonde bombshell touched his arm and he was hers. Not mine. True love tells lies. You think he would never give you up for anything, but that's never true. There's always one thing that your man will give you up for," Hailey says quietly.

"Really? You've never talked about this," I reply. "Is it true?"

Hailey nods, tears visibly stinging her eyes but not coming out.

"I know what you mean. But it's like destiny, you know?" I tell Hailey.

"How is it destiny?" Hailey demands fiercely.

"Ethan and Lena," I murmur softly.

"Stop comparing yourselves to Ethan and Lena!" Hailey exclaims.

I purse my lips.

"Ethan and Lena," I repeat.

Hailey's eyes widen.

"Ethan and Lena."

Hailey stares at me, eyes open like a deer's when it senses danger.

"Ethan and Lena."

"Don't say it, Raven. You're not Lena. Supernaturals don't have a Claiming and Alex is way different from Ethan. He would never travel the country to find you. He would just run off with another girl."

I shake my head.

"You don't understand, Hailey. You don't understand. I love him. No matter what he does to me, I love him. And how can I know that you're telling the truth? What if you just don't want me to be with him so you made that story up?" I snarl.

Hailey takes a step back.

"Would I lie to you?" she demands harshly.

I open my mouth to answer her, but then nothing comes out.

"I'm sorry," I stutter. "I guess I just...I just lost it. I didn't...I'm sorry. You're right. He's useless and nothing but a player. We're over."

Hailey smiles a little.

"I don't want anyone bad for you," she tells me softly.

I nod.

"I know," I answer. "Wait here."

I stomp over to Alex's room and knock on the door.

"Hey, babe," Alex says, kissing me.

I push him back and give him a deadly glare.

"Not anymore. This isn't going to continue. My body isn't yours to play with. We're over and there's nothing you can do to stop it," I say quickly.

Before I give Alex a chance to answer, I sprint back to my hotel room. I quickly close the door and grin at Hailey.

"We're over," I confirm.

"Good," Hailey answers.

Then I hear someone banging on the door. When I hear the person shouting, I know exactly who it is.