Chapter Eight

"I can't," Blake says.

"Come on," I beg. "How am I supposed to date you if I don't even know who or what you are? You could be a merman for all I know!"

"I'm not a merman," Blake responds, rolling his eyes.

I grin.

"Well then what are you?"

"Guess."

I know Blake's trying to avoid telling/showing me but I'll worm it out of him.

"A werewolf."

Blake laughs, softly but wholeheartedly.

"No."

"Um...a wolf?"

"No."

"Is it wolf related?"

"Not exactly."

"It's a yes or no question. Very straightforward."

"No."

"Uh...um...tell me."

Blake sighs. He winces.

"Don't hate me."

I nod, because I have nothing to say right now. What am I supposed to say when my boyfriend's about to reveal his biggest secret?

Blake changes. Like, literally. My eyes widen, my voice refusing to let anything out. Claws sharp, fur patterned, I know exactly what he is but I don't want to believe it. 

The animal growls stiffly. I flinch at the sound, trying to hide it but he saw. He knows I'm scared of him.

"Don't move," I whisper, slowly walking closer to the huge animal.

The animal doesn't move, but his eyes watch my every move. Not in a stalking way, more in a scared way.

My hand tentatively reaches out to touch the fur. The animal makes no sign that he's about to stop me. I touch the soft fur, special spots patterning it. I lift my hand.

"Change back," I whisper, looking into the dark blue eyes of the animal that are the same of those of my lover.

The animal disappears, revealing a human (Supernatural) in its place.

Blake stares at me, waiting for me to run from him. But I don't. I hug him tight, not saying anything. Blake softly caresses my hair; his breathing is shallow and quick.

"Are you scared?" he whispers.

"No."

Blake doesn't answer, then he does.

"You're scared."

"What makes you think that?"

"You don't know what you love anymore."

On a normal day, I would answer: "How do you know that I love you?" in a teasing way but this isn't a normal day.

"I don't want to hurt you," Blake whispers into my hair, which muffles his voice.

"I know you never would," I answer, still tightly pressed to his chest, breathing in his smell of blood.

"How do you know anything anymore?" Blake asks softly.

"I know I love you. And I know that that will never change, no matter what you are. I don't care if you're a goldfish. I love you," I reply.

Blake smiles.

"And I love you," Blake whispers.

I nod, smiling and closing my eyes. For the first time in a long time, I feel sleep starting to pull my under. I doze off, in the arms of the Supernatural I love.

I was gonna stop there but then I decided to extend it. :P

The next morning, I wake up in my own bed. I have woken up before my mom calls me up for the first time, but I keep my eyes closed anyway. Too lazy to open them. I think about last night.

Was it a dream?

I open my eyes. I look over at my bedside table to check the time, and I find a silver chain necklace with simple heart made of moonstone on it. I carefully take the necklace and turn over the heart. On the back, I find a message engraved in the heart with beautiful writing.

You will always be mine, no matter what happens.

Love, Blake

"I love you. Thank you."

I look up. I smile.

"What are you doing here?" I tease.

Blake softly touches my cheek.

"Looking at the sweetest girl ever," he answer, a smile playing on his lips.

"So it happened?"

Blake's smile almost fades.

"Yes. Are you afraid?"

"Never," I whisper, meeting my lips with his.

As we kiss, Blake takes the necklace from my hand and puts it around my neck, clipping the clasp on at the back. The cool, almost cold, stone touches in between my two collarbones before it drops under my shirt.

"I love you," Blake whispers when we pull apart.

In response, I plant one last supple kiss on his lips.

So I did end up writing today! Yay! I'll try to write more tomorrow. Leave your suggestions in the comment section please! Love you!

MeggieForever