Chapter Ten

Guys, my mom has been estatic about how many views this story has been getting. So if we can get over a hundred views, I (and my mom) will be over the moon. Also, don't forget to vote/like and write your suggestions in the comment section! Thanks for reading!

Love,

MeggieForever

Then we have school. Ugh. I know Hailey's 100% sure I'm going to get called to the office for slapping Gavin but I don't. I'm not in any of Gavin's clases either so I don't really have to bother about looking at what my Supernatural powers did to him. I have lunch with him but so many girls were crowded around him with 'Get Well' gifts and stuff that I couldn't see him anyway. Plus that, all the girls were shooting me dirty looks. They didn't seem to bother telling the teachers what actually happened though. The teachers all think Gavin fell or something, not punched by a girl. Even Tart didn't sit with Hailey and I during lunch and instead went to spoil Gavin with gifts. She didn't talk to me or Hailey for the entire day and was giving me dirty looks too.

After school, I walk home with only Hailey.

"Hey, why do you like Tart anyway?" Hailey asks me.

"Because she's been through everything with me," I answer. "I mean by like, everything everything. I can't just leave her alone now when she's been with me through so many hard times."

"Not like she would actually notice. She has boys," Hailey points out.

"I know but still. She's been my best friend for so long," I reply.

Hailey sighs.

"You ever wonder about our dance friends?" I suddenly ask.

Hailey nods.

"How's Mrs Bell?" I ask.

Mrs Bell was our ballet teacher and she was the best. The best. Hailey's and my mom are both in touch with her but Mrs Bell has always been closer to Hailey's family since they met before Hailey even started dance. My mom hasn't texted Mrs Bell in a long time. There's no need to anyway but they occansionally text about how I'm doing. I still love to dance, of course.

"She's doing great. She just went to visit Emma yesterday, and the first thing she heard was a dog. She freaked out, because she thought a dog had broken in the house or something. Turns out that Emma had bought a new dog," Hailey answers, chuckling.

I laugh.

Emma's Mrs Bell's daughter.

"Do you miss all of them?" I ask softly.

"Who? Our friends?" Hailey responds.

I nod.

"Yeah. A lot, most of the time. Hope and Faith still occansionally text me. What about you? Does Ximena text much?" Hailey asks.

"Yeah. Don't you have her text?" I answer.

Hailey shakes her head.

"I think she always liked you better," she replies.

"The good ol' times," I murmur.

Hailey smiles.

"When we had no trouble at school and could miss five days for competitions," Hailey continues.

"And when we could boast to our old school friends about all our medals and throphies," I say, sighing.

"And when dancing was all we wanted to do," Hailey finishes.

We arrive at my house.

"Well, see you tomorrow," I say.

"Bye," Hailey answers.

She turns the corner of the street and continues to walk to her house, which is only a few houses down.

I open the front door of my house with my key. My parents aren't home, as usual. They usually work until 8.

I never see my dad. He leaves for work at 5:30 and comes back around 10:00. I don't know how he manages with barely five hours of sleep. He has to be up by 4:00 in case anybody calls the company. Everybody has to but he gets the most calls since he lives in the busiest part of New York. And he doesn't get holidays. Sometimes, I honestly wish that-

Interrupting my thoughts, I hear a knock on the door. I run to the door to open it.

"Raven, I have something important to tell you."

"Hailey? What?" I ask.

"Blake just came over and explained that...well...I'm a Supernatural," she says, nervously. "You shouldn't know this but I just needed you to...to understand. When I turn 20 I'll..."

I laugh in relief, interuppting Hailey.

"Thank God, Hailey! I thought that like, your mom died or something!" I say, laughing.

"Raven, don't you understand?" Hailey begs. "This is..."

I interrupt Hailey again.

"Hey, chill. We're on the same page. I'm a Supernatural too," I say, grinning.

Hailey breathes out in relief.

I hug her, right there in the doorway.

"Now we know that we're really alike," I say. "We both love to dance, we both have good grades, and we're both Supernaturals."

Relief floods through me. Now I won't be alone with Blake for the rest of my life. Who knew that both me and my best friend are both Supernaturals.