Chapter 16

After a tiring day of acting the next day, Alex invites me to a party with all the cast members to have some fun. I agree, though I want a good rest. I haven't been to a party in ages, since Blake and I are always scared someone we used to know will recognize us there.

For the party, I wear a lavender knee-length dress that's sleeveless with lavender slip-ons. It's the most elegant thing I can find.

At the party, I find Bella; she's been my best friend since Day 1 of this new acting adventure.

"Hi," I say, walking up to her.

She's in a pretty pink dress with jewels embedded around the collar.

"You look pretty," I note.

"You too," she replies, smiling broadly. "Isn't this so fun?"

I nod, happy.

"The last time I went to a party, I was like 15." I sigh.

"Why?"

"I didn't want anyone I knew to be there. If there was people there that I used to know, then...bad stuff would happen," I explain.

"How?"

"I have a dark past."

It's the only lie I can think of.

"Let's go get something to drink," Bella suggests.

The party's at the bar in the lobby of the hotel.

Bella and I walk over to the bar. She orders a glass of red wine and I just order some coke; I know how dangerous it is if I get drunk. I might kill someone because of my Supernatural powers.

"Hey, Raven. Wanna dance?"

I turn around and smile. I place my coke on the bar table.

"Sure," I reply to Alex.

I look over at Bella, who has a smug look on her face.

"Have fun," she says, chuckling.

"You go find yourself a boy, Bella. Maybe Link and Ridley's love can also be off-screen," I joke, laughing.

Bella rolls her eyes.

"I have a boyfriend," she snaps.

I laugh.

"Me too. But I gotta go. Just go have some fun, okay?" I say, serious.

Bella giggles.

"Sure," she answers.

Alex leads me onto the dance floor and we start to dance.

"So, who's your boyfriend?" Alex asks.

"You wouldn't know him. He isn't famous or anything," I respond.

"I know a lot of people."

"His name is Blake," I say.

"Hmm...yeah, I don't know him. What's he like?" Alex asks lightly, but I can detect anger and maybe...jealousy?

"He's very sweet and gentle. He's a real gentleman and I love him very much," I explain, as good as I can.

Alex smiles.

"I'm sure he is," he answers, smiling sweetly.

We dance silently, not a word slipping out.

After the song finishes, Alex thanks me and we both go our separate ways. I go back to the bar table where my coke and Bella is.