Chapter 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey! So this is my first story on Wattpad as all my other completed ones are quite crap. I started this in September 2016 when I was 15? Maybe 14, so it isn't the best laid out story. This story is not really kid friendly. Also, I'm Australian so I spell 'mom' as 'mum'. It is not a typo. I've copy & pasted the chapters into Wattpad again just because I don't remember what exactly I've changed, but I will actually publish the full story.

Warning- Curse words and sexual sences.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

13th of September

It was 12.30 and I was listening to 'Closer' by the Chainsmokers as I got undressed, only wearing a loose top and my underwear, my window was opened and a guy jumped through. I stood there in fright and quickly paused the music. He ducked under the window and put his left pointer finger on his lips telling me to stay quiet without a sound. I suddenly snapped back to reality and sat on my bed with the duvet covering my lower half. After some police sirens came and went then the guy pushed back his black hoodie with his hand, running through his hair to reveal he had dark brown hair and light blue eyes, looking quite scared. "Sorry the police were catching up to me, it's kinda not fair, they had cars, I only had a skateboard. I should go" He rambled. "I'm Spencer." I stumbled on my words, his response was that of a smile. "Oscar Hades." He said, starting to climb back through the window. "If you're ever in the area again and been chased by police you can come back again." "Thanks, but I rarely get seen." Then with the blink of an eye, he was out of the window. When I was closing the window, I saw Oscar on his skateboard, going down the road, with his hoodie back over his head.

At school, I wasn't paying attention, even though final exams were starting next week. I was just thinking about Oscar, trying to think of where I had seen him before, but it wouldn't have been at school as when I was looking around while walking to classes, I had no luck. So I came up with the conclusion that he'd finished school or he went to another school. Finishing school made more sense as he did look around my age and the closest school was 30 minutes away.

So at the end of school I sadly mopped towards the bus but some of my friends caught up. "Thanks for waiting Spence." Pippa said with a laugh. "Sorry" I said sadly. "What's wrong beautiful?" Holly asked as she put her arm around my neck. "I was hoping I would see someone." I said. "Is it a boy?" Fran asked. I nodded. "Oh do tell girl" Pippa squealed. "I'd rather not." I said. "A secret love, have you kissed him yet?" Holly said. "We only met yesterday." I said with a laugh. "So have you?" Pippa asked. "No." I said. "So are you meeting him tonight?" Fran asked. "Hopefully." I said. "So are you going to kiss him then?" Pippa said. I smiled. "Who's kissing how now?" Marcus said and kissed Holly, they've been a couple since Year 8, and everyone else in the Year level and probably younger years were jealous of their relationship being so 'picture perfect'. "Spence and a mystery boy, Isn't that cute." Pippa said. "Not as cute as you." Marcus said and Holly playfully slapped him. "Don't worry babe you are so much cuter." Marcus said and kissed Holly's cheek. "How rude." I said and laughed. "Well mystery boy has you and I have Holly." Marcus said. "And we are the happily single ladies, right Pippa?" Fran asked while putting an arm around Pippa's waist. "I've had enough of the boy drama, and I haven't even been in a proper relationship yet." Pippa replied, putting her opposite arm around Fran.

When we got to the buses we said goodbye to Holly and Marcus as the got into Marcus' car. Pippa, Fran and I went to sit on the other side of the road to wait for my dad. "So can we get a name?" Fran said. "Won't that just give the mystery away?" I asked. "True, so what does he look like?" Fran asked. "Fran, that is the same thing, don't tell us Spence I want to find out later or spy on you until I see him." Pippa said. "So you are going to stalk me even though you live twenty minutes away from me and you can't drive yet." I laughed. "Mum wants me to be safe, I wanted to drive when I was 16." Pippa said. "Dad's here." I said and stood up. "Afternoon Mr Montgomery." Fran said. "Afternoon ladies." Dad said.

At the dinner table mum and dad were giving each other strange looks and occasionally glanced over at me. Once I had finished my dinner I wanted to know what was happening. "Well?" I said. "Well what?" Mum asked. "Are you going to tell me why either of you haven't touched your food?" I said. "I got a promotion." Dad said. "And?" I said knowing there was more to the story. "And as you know my mum is very sick." Mum said. "Spencer, my promotion is in America and I have to go." Dad said. "Have fun over there." I said. "Honey you have to come with me." Dad said. "Um no, I have finals I have to worry about and friends over here." I said. "Honey we have no choice, I'm staying with mum and besides over there you can study more for the tests." Mum said. "Firstly, the year has just started over there and secondly I could just stay at Pippa's or Fran's or even Holly's when Marcus's parents come back from their anniversary." I said. "It's for the best Spencer. We are leaving in 3 days, so on Friday." Dad said. "Honey you can have the day off to pack everything." Mum said.

I couldn't believe them. I wasn't going to travel half way around the globe just to restart a year I had put so much effort into. What's the point? I would lose all my friends, no matter how hard I tried. Long distance doesn't work. I kept saying things to myself while sitting at my desk covered in loose-leaf papers and practise exams. So I wasn't shocked when I next saw the little digital clock saying 00:30, the plan wasn't to stay up this late to see Oscar again, but, I stayed awake for a little while longer, just waiting. Only when I heard a police siren come and pass did I manage to force myself to bed, no longer waiting for a guy I hardly knew to jump through my window again.