Chapter 28

Over the next week and a bit was really awkward between Oscar and I. He had completely stopped trying to stop smoking and drinking. He would wake up before I did, leaving and came back after I had gone to sleep again. I didn't try and stay awake for him, because I didn't really want to talk with him either. I didn't care anymore if he was making out with Grace, Karla or Holly. And I wouldn't count Gus out either. There were some nights when I knew he hadn't even come home. I think Sara caught on to our 'never together' actions and stayed home one day, today. She woke up before Oscar and made sure he didn't go anywhere. "What's going on?" She said sternly, while doing, she took a deep breath in and out. Oscar and I said nothing, acting like 2-years-olds when they had gotten caught eating the last candy. Sara had Oscar in a tight hold around his wrist and I was on the other couch, not planning to move anyway. "Spencer." She took in another deep breath. "What's going on?" She asked calmly. "I have no clue." I lied. "He's always up at some godly hour, and doesn't get back until 2am or something." I said, only looking at Sara. "Well you never want to talk about it." He shot at me. "Because you're never fu-" I took a breath, like Sara before continuing. "You're never here to talk about it." I said. "Well you're never awake." He said. Well Sara, you won, we're talking. "I said to talk, not yell." Sara tried to say calmly. "And why don't you just stay here for at least 2 minutes before you run of to your little call-on girls." I said, really not in the mood for this. "I'm not in the mood for this shit." Oscar said removing his wrist with ease from Sara's hold. Grabbing his jumper, even though it's summer and slammed the front door behind him. I took a shaky breath in and out before running out the front to see Oscar's Toyota speed off and in its place was Macey's black car. The one that took me first to Ivanhoe for the weekend. I shakily closed the door, before Macey said "What the fuck is wrong with him?" I took another shaky breath. "Tell me when you find out." I said, trying to make myself smile. Macey's got all her shit together, she's marrying Dylan, the father of her child. Dylan doesn't run off to other girls and she even knows what gender she's having. Not that I wanted to know. But by god was she getting big, her baby, not her. "How long has this been happening?" She asked, coming towards me. "Since Monday fortnight." I said as Macey pulled me away from the door, opening it. I followed her to see Sara, on the couch, crying. Sara is definitely one of those people that never cries. And when they do, it's for a really touchy subject. The only other time I had seen Sara cry was when Oscar ran off. And she wasn't even full on crying. This was a weird and unusual time, I just stayed at the front door. But Macey ran to her, or went as fast as she could over to Sara and comforted her. "I, I just don't know what's happened with him." She whispered, but loudly enough so I could hear. "He's just going through these things, trust me, Dylan's had his moments." Macey said, with her arm around Sara. "Macey, do you even know what's going on?" I ask, and her response was a slight shake of the head. "Look, I have no idea what's actually going on here, but I know it'll stop." Macey said. "He's going to run off again." Sara said quieter. "He might, I can't rule that out. But he also might just be terrified." I heard Macey say, but I wasn't paying attention to them anymore. I was being called. I accepted the call without checking, stupid mistake. Once I checked the caller, I wanted to decline but I forced myself to press the phone to my ear, I went outside the back with Murphy and finally talked. "What do you want?" I spitted out. "A simple hey would've been nice, Spence." His low voice had also spitted out the words. "Zayne what the fuck do you want?!" I quietly shouted, not wanting Macey or Sara to hear. "Nothing, I just wanted to talk, and see if Karla's holding up." He said, dropping the spitting. "Karla's doing fine, she keeping her mind off you with Kaden." I said, kind of wanting to start trouble. "Kaden?" He said, and the spitting came back. "Yeah, they're always in bed together." I said. I heard Zayne grunt on the other side. "Look Zayne, she's not girlfriend materiel and you should have known that. She was using you, just like you were with her." I said, really bored of his conversation. "Ima kill her." He said. "Yeah well, I have my own problems to deal with, bye." I said, about to end the call. "Spence!" He shouted. "What!?" I shouted, almost as loud. "I miss you." He said and I immediately ended the call.