Chapter 4

I got up at 4am. Not because of an alarm I set, my body just wanted to get up and I couldn't get back to sleep as much as I wanted to. I let my body win and got up and had a warm shower. I remembered everything that happened last night and it felt like my body didn't want to give up on Oscar but my heart and feelings did, so when I was done, which was 5.30 I quietly got out of the house and walked to Holly's. It was dark enough outside that no one would have seen me which was good. I was wondering to myself why I wanted to go to Holly's place, it's not like I wanted to see her, I didn't care if she was drunk or not she was making out with Oscar. Maybe I wanted to see Marcus, see how he coped with Holly.

As I approached the house I saw Marcus on the porch, on the swinging chair thing, he was just swinging back and forth, I don't think he noticed me until I came into the porch light. "How is she going?" I said. "Oh Spencer, sorry I was in a daze, ah Holly's fine for someone that was underage drinking. Why did you come here, I'm sure it wasn't to see Holly. Did you want to kiss me?" Marcus said, wiggling his eyebrows. "Don't try." I said and sat down next to him. "Shoot, your dad left for America last night didn't he?" Marcus said. "Yeah, he'll probably be asleep, nothing's disturbing him hopefully." I said. "What's disturbing you then?" Marcus asked. "Sorry, what do you mean." I said. "You said nothing disturbing him so what's disturbing you?" He asked again. "Oscar came around, he was trying to make things better but I was a bitch to him and I ended up crying when he left." I said. "Well at least you weren't holding it in." Marcus said. "Ha-ha, but you're probably right, if it wasn't for that guy I would have tried my hardest to keep the tears in me." I said. "What tears?" A sleepy Holly said. "Spencer's just missing her dad." Marcus said while grabbing Holly and making her seat on him. "Go see him." Marcus said. "But her dad's on a plane." Holly said. "You take care of her." I said and left. At least Marcus let Holly have a second chance. I walked to the stadium and hid behind it so if anybody was already at the skate park they wouldn't be able to see me and of course Karla was there and lit a cigarette.

At 6ish I heard Oscar's voice, he was talking to Karla. "So did you like making out with a hot, drunk girl?" Karla asked. "Karla, I was drunk, I don't remember." Oscar said. "Well what if she comes back and she can be drunk and you won't be." Karla said. "I'm not interested in a girlfriend right now and besides that girl was 17, and the girl that grabbed her from me said that she had a boyfriend." Oscar said. "Your friends are here." Karla said. I ran to the front of the stadium and saw Oscar open the car boot and chuck two skateboards in, I leaned against the stadium brick wall, arms crossed so when he turned around he saw me. He opened the back door and talked to the driver a bit and then jogged over to me. I smelt cigarettes. "So have you been smoking or has Karla's just hovering around." I said. "I thought you wouldn't know. So do you want to come?" He asked. "If we can restart, as friends." I said. "You're asking me of all guys to restart on a relationship? Geez Spence, that'll be hard for me." He sighed and took my hand. "Oscar, I'm being serious, we rushed things." I said, looking at his eyes. "I like the challenging ones." He chuckled a sigh "Oh this'll be great fun for you, trying to make me stop." I took my hand out of his. "That wasn't so hard." I smiled. "I wasn't ready, fine, round one goes to you. I won't go so easy on you next round though." He winked at me before turning around and started walking to the black car. "Hey Dylan, Macey." Oscar said to the guy and girl once we both got in. "Not bringing Karla?" Dylan said, teasing Oscar. "I only brought her once." Oscar said. "So what's her name?" Dylan said. "I'm Spencer" I said. "Like the guy's name?" Dylan said. "And Dylan isn't a girl's name?" I said. "It's more of a unisex name, but Spencer is a dude's name." Dylan said. "So you haven't seen Pretty Little Liars then. And how one of the main characters, who is a girl, has the name Spencer." I said. "That's a girl's TV show about love and murder and-" Dylan said. "He watches it with me." Macey said. "Aw, how cute Uni." I said. I saw Dylan make a face through the front view mirror. "You deserved that Dylan, if you are going to joke about Spencer's name." Oscar said and laughed. "I thought you would be on my side not your girlfriend's." He said and Oscar stopped laughing. "Dude, we are just friends." Oscar said. "Sure, sure." Dylan said. "Babe, just concentrate on the road." Macey said. "I was just having a bit of fun." Dylan said and turned the AC way up and a massive wind of air went through the car. "Bit cold, you two should cuddle-" He said and Macey turned off the AC. "What is wrong with you Dylan?" Macey sternly said. "Oh if only I was in the middle seat, I'm sure Oscar would love a cuddle." I joked, his response being a laugh. If he was going to play cheeky than I will as well. "What's wrong with you. Wait, you're on your period, no it's the baby." He said. "Baby?" I said. "Why do you think I'm engaged to this idiot?" Macey said. "Engaged?" I said. "I thought you loved me." Dylan said. "Not at this moment Dylan. And yes I'm 2 and a bit months pregnant." She said. "I didn't notice. Congrats. When did you take the test?" I said. "Excuse me?" Macey said. "Nothing." I quickly said. "So how has moving out been for you both?" Oscar asked, changing the subject.