Chapter 25

It was Saturday, the day after the fight. Sara had got a painter in to paint his room white instead of the dark blue. All three of us went through his room, seriously, if I didn't know him, I would think he's a hoarder. There was so much junk, stuffed in draws, closets, bedside table cabinets. Most of it was forced by Sara and I into the bin. Or not the bin but somewhere, Sara stole it, including his 3000 year old phone. I let Nona pick which dog as I couldn't, she picked Cooper. Murphy has been forced to be an outside dog due to the issue Dessie has with him. Seriously, that cat, when she's awake is a ninja. Sneaking up on Murphy before pouncing on him. Macey and Penny came over after Oscar and I got back inside after the fight. They also came early this morning, mostly because of Murphy. And Dylan's now met him. His words were, and I quote "The thing's tiny. I'd much prefer a Boxer or Great Dane, it would kick this thing's ass." He got a slight punch on the face from Macey. I've only just found out that the wedding is the first day of the year, the 1st of January. She's finally been persuaded by Dylan, Penny and her parents to find out the gender. So she's there now. Sara's at work, what's new? And I'm out the back of Nona's house with the two dogs, and Nona, of course. Oscar has walked to Gus and Kayden's, to pick up Gus. Gus for some reason wants to go to the park, no idea why. "They are very cute." Nona said, looking at the puppies, tumbling over each other. "Yeah." I said, have distracted, looking at my phone, waiting for it to turn on with a message from either Dylan or Macey, saying if it's either a girl or a boy. "Why don't you find out the gender?" She asked. "Uhh, I don't know. Make it a surprise." I said, looking up at the boys, wrestling the other to the ground. "Spencer." I half-hear Nona say and the boys, stop wrestling and race to the backdoor, wanting to get inside. "Yeah." I respond again. "The doorbell." She says in an 'obviously' voice. "Oh right. Could you hold the boys." I said and got up, getting their collars and handing them to Nona. I open the door and suddenly get pounced on by Gus. "Hey girl." He said, not letting me go. Over the time, since the 'Zayne and Karla dating incident' Gus and I have been becoming better friends, possibly the reason Oscar made Gus look after me than Holly yesterday. He won't replace Pippa or Fran, or even Marcus anytime soon but he's good company. Oscar pulls him off by the back of his shirt. "Hey babe." Oscar says once Gus is off me, and releases him. "Hey." I said, tucking the hair that had gone in front of my face behind my ear. "Do you wanna go, or see the puppies?" I ask Gus. "Ah, darr. Puppies." Gus says like that was a stupid question. "This way." I said, and start walking towards the back door but I feel someone grab my top, stopping me. "You're staying here." Oscar said. "Keeping secrets from me?" Gus asks with a smirk, I raise my hands, signalling 'I'm not part of this'. I turn my head to see Oscar nod at the backdoor. "Off you go." He said. "Whatever, Ossie." Gus said, trying to piss Oscar off, in a jokingly way. "Any news?" Oscar said when I see Gus go through the door. "On what?" I ask, turning my body to look at him. "Macey." He said, letting go of my top. "Oscar, I told you that if I got anything I would text you." I sigh, dropping my head, letting the piece of hair fall from behind my ear. "I'm just anxious." He said. I give him an 'obviously' look. "Do you want to find out about ours?" I ask. "Not really, but if you want to." He says, pushing my hair back behind my ear. "No, not yet anyway." I said and then I hear a scream "OH MY GOD." Oscar heard it too. "Do you think Gus is scared of them or their bulldozing him to the ground?" Oscar laughs. "I'm going for the bulldozing option." I say and walk to the backdoor. And sure enough, Nona was just watching Gus getting attacked by Cooper and Murphy. "I thought they were puppies, not bulls." Gus exclaims. "He just sat down, and Murphy bolted at him. Cooper following." Nona cries with laughter. "Come here boys." I said, kneeling down. They looked at me for a bit, kissed Gus' face and bolted to me. I grabbed their collars, handing them to Nona. "See you soon." I say, kissing her cheek and standing up. "You good mate?" Oscar asked Gus, who was rubbing the caramel and white fur off his clothes. "Yeah." He answered.