Chapter 33

It had been a couple weeks, I was bringing Isla over to Macey & Dylan's every few days. It was Sunday, & it was Oscar's last day off from college. He would come down every Friday night & then go up Sunday evening from now one. We hadn't gone back into a relationship status as you could say, the closest we had gotten was when we met each other again & he had put his arms around me. I knew it wasn't what he wanted but at least he knew what my motives were, he knew that I still had feelings for him but he'd have to wait. I was bringing another person today, someone that hadn't seen Oscar since he returned as well, only for a brief few seconds before slamming the door in his face. I didn't know if Sara was excited because she got to see her son again, or excited because she would be able to hit him. Either way, she was excited.

As I stopped the car, I locked the doors before Sara could escape. "Promise me you won't hit him, at least not that hard." I said, looking at Sara. "I am a grown adult, I'll try not to hit him that hard." She said, trying to keep a straight face. "Why can't you just be a normal mother & hug him to death instead of hitting him to death?" I say, laughing, unlocking the doors. "Do I look like a normal mother to you?" She said, but couldn't keep her straight face so she got out of the car before she died of laughter. "Just don't give him too much torture, I've given him enough." I said, watching Sara get Isla who was asleep in her Capsule Car Seat. "I know Spence, he tried to do the right thing, he just didn't do it the right way." I just nodded at her comment, not knowing how to respond. Sara closed the backdoor seat & I locked the car. I didn't even get a chance to knock at the door before it opened to reveal Oscar. "Spence, mum." He doesn't show any hatred, or any emotion for that matter towards us. He just moves out of the way of the door & we walk inside. Sara looks at her son from head to toe, noticing his more buff appearance. I hear a slight sigh escape her lips, shaking her head at the sight of him. "Just a moment Spencer darling." She says, giving me the Capsule Car Seat, grabbing Oscar's wrist & going outside. I knew Sara, she wasn't an abusive parent, she just uses a lot of tough love in her family, at least to Oscar, not to me or Isla, & only slightly when Leona was over in March. I could hear shouts, only coming from Sara. I couldn't hear anything that sounded remotely to a word, but I could just picture in my head what was going on, Sara shouting at Oscar & Oscar just standing there, with no response, taking it all in. Thankfully, Isla was in a deep slumber so she didn't wake up, she sleeps well in cars so it's no wonder she's deep in sleep. I was on the couch, swaying her Capsule from side to side. It wasn't until everything went silent & Sara came in, shaking her wrist with a flopping right hand, like she was trying to shake away pain from a punch. "Sara I told you not to hit him that hard." I said, jogging towards her. "I got a bit carried away." She said, looking at her hand, she hadn't broken skin & there was no sight of bruising. "Yeah, just a bit." I said sarcastically & jogged outside. I closed the door & on the porch seat was Oscar, head in his hands. I sat next to him silently, placing my hand on his back, he jumped a slight bit, startled that I had suddenly come next to him. He didn't move, but I could hear him whimper every so often, from his hand moving in the wrong place. I kneeled on the floor in front of him & put my hands on top of his. "Very tough love hey." He said, he tried to laugh but soon realised how much it hurt. "How tough?" I asked. "I can't see, she got me on the cheek." He sighed, letting his hand drop on his left side. "How tough?" He repeated my question. I brushed my thumb over the reddened skin, I could see him wince in pain. "Well, there's a nice mark, looks like you've put on too much blush, or you look like you're blushing like a little school kid." I dropped my other hand, forcing his other to drop as well, & I could see he was blushing a slight bit, I sadly smiled. "Definitely going to bruise." I finished my little doctor role-play. "So is it the tougher the love, the more she loves me or was that a combination of hatred as well?" He asked me but I couldn't respond. "She missed you, a dreadful lot... but not as much as me." I sighed, I couldn't bear to look at him. "Spence" He sighed. "I don't need to hear it, you left & I was a needy little school girl waiting for her boyfriend that was everything to her to come back, when he didn't come back, said school girl blamed herself every day for her love's disappearance." I sighed, forcing myself to look up at him. He said no words, he just placed his hands on my cheeks, his thumbs rubbing my skin, going up & down. I smiled, leaning towards him & gave him a quick kiss on the lips before standing up. His hands dropped & he put his head back onto them. "You're a tease." Sara chuckled as I closed the door.