Chapter 12

In the morning I heard Nona calling me down. I really didn't want to get up. "Spencer!" Nona said louder than before. "Coming." I said. I tiredly came to the kitchen and looked at the clock. "12.16." I said shocked as I looked at the clock. "Yes lazy bones. I made my breakfast, you have to make lunch." Nona said. "What do you want?" I asked. "Surprise me." She said without a care and went to the living room. I quickly changed into lazy clothes, tracksuit pants and a singlet top and made some nachos. "So are you going to move out to Oscar's place?" Nona said after she finished her mouthful of food. "I completely forgot about that, I don't know." I said. "It would probably be for the best." She said. "Are you trying to say politely that you want to kick me out." I said. "No, no, nothing like that darl, you can stay here if you want to but I think it's in the best interest if the baby's parents are in the same house." she said. "Isn't the first time I heard that. There's also, it's better if the parents are together and stuff like that." I said. "So you've told multiple people?" She asked. "No, just a good friend of mine and Oscar's who's expecting two months before me." I said. "Lovely, so Oscar's friends also get each other pregnant at young ages." She said which got me quite angry. "No, Macey is two years older than me and she and her fiancé were both not going to college." I said. "Alright missy, no need to get cranky. Back to the main point are you going with Oscar?" She said calmly. "Maybe." I said and finished my last bite. "Maybe, isn't an answer." She said sternly. "Well it is to me right now." I said as I stood up and walked to the kitchen to put my plate in the sink. I got my keys and drove off to the shopping centre.

I was about half way through my milkshake from Donut King when someone took the seat on the other side of the table. "Don't you look beautiful." They said, I didn't look up so I didn't see who it was. "Hey Spence, what's wrong?" They said, I realised it was Marcus's voice. I looked up at him. "Is there trouble in paradise?" He said. "No, Nona wants me to move out into his home, his mum seems keen on the idea as well." I said. "That's a bit forward. Is there a reason." He said. "I'm pregnant." I said quietly. "What?" He said concerned. I stayed silent and drank some more of my milkshake. "Spencer, when did this happen?" He asked. "Why does it matter?" I said. "Because it does, do you know how many months it is at least." He asked. "September" I quietly said. "What was that?" He said leaning on the table. "September." I said. "Okay that's helpful. So it's a month old then." He said and then started calculating some things in his head. "So, it's due in June." He said. "Yeah, can we talk about this anywhere away from people." I said and stood up. "Alright, let's go to the park." He said.

Luckily the park was right next to the centre and we went to the same place I was with Fran and Pippa. "So how's life being a single man." I said as we sat down. "Actually, I'm dating Pippa." He said. "I knew." I said. "Then why did you ask?" He questioned. "Just wanted to hear it out of your mouth." I said. "Right and why did you want to hear it from me?" He asked. "No reason." I said. "Do you like me? I mean I'll help out with the kid if you want me to but you're not really my type." He said. "No I don't like you like that and don't forget who tried to kiss me." I said. "Yeah, sorry about that. I was stupid back then." He said. "It was only a month ago." I said. "Still, I was in school back then and now I'm not, therefore I'm more mature." He said. "Sure." I said. "Okay fine you don't have to push it in my face." He said. I then saw Tom and Holly. "Um, I'll be back." I said and walked to them. "What are you doing with her Tom?" I said to Tom. "How do you know my name." He said angered because I was in his way. "We met yesterday, do you remember me, you punched Oscar and then me." I said. "Stephanie, I'm just taking Sephora home." He said. "Right okay you see her name's not Sephora. It's Holly and mine isn't Stephanie." I said. "Sorry Scarlet but I'm in a rush." He said. "Wrong again. Why is Holly drugged?" I asked. "She's not." He said. "Yeah she is, otherwise she would be screaming." I said. "Let go of her." Marcus said from behind me. "Oh, good choice on not dating my son." He said. "Do not call him your son, he will never be your son." I said trying not to lose my temper. "Well, his mother and I are dating and I'm going to marry her." He said. "No, you are using her. Which is what you're going to do with her. You're going to kidnap her and rape her aren't you." I nearly screamed. Marcus then ripped Holly's hand out of Tom's. "You are disgusting." I said. "Alright." Marcus said and grabbed me with his other hand and walked me back to the spot we were at before. "How do you know him?" He asked. "I don't" I lied. "Spencer who is he?" He said worried. "I'll get my car." I said and got up. Marcus didn't let go of my hand. "Let go, I don't want Pippa to randomly show up and see this." I said. "Oscar." Holly said as she hugged and held on to Marcus. "I'm going to get my car." I said and ripped my hand out of his. When I parked the car and came towards Marcus and Holly, she was trying to kiss his cheek but Marcus wouldn't let her. "Cute." I said and grabbed Holly off Marcus. "I'll take her home." I said.