Chapter 21:

The next morning as I wake up and look around to see if anyone else is up too, but instead I am greeted with a rather amusing sight. It turns out that last night, no one had decided to actually get up to move to our unofficially designated sleep corner and go to bed, which however seems to have resulted in everyone just falling asleep quite literally in the spots where we had each been sitting. For example Ty had half slid off the log into the dirt, with me laying on top of him and using him as a warm, cuddly, giant teddy bear. Olivia and Sam are no better and have managed to roll off of their perch and down onto the ground a couple meters away, their arms and legs tangled messily together. Jase is lying comfortably on his stomach next to the fire and then there's Logan... Who even while fast asleep, is somehow still sitting in a completely upright position on his log. Not being able to stop the giggles that are bubbling up inside me from escaping as I take in the scene in front of me, they must wake Ty up as he begins to stir slowly under me.

As his eyes open and he squints to let them adjust to the light, they abruptly snap open and widen fractionally when he notices the position we're in. "G'morning," he mumbles, the sleep still thick in his voice.

As girly and cliche as it sounds, my heart flutters and *I swoon*, because you know how when guys have just woken up and their voice is still all deep, rough and husky? Well yeah Ty's voice is exactly like that and 'oh hot damn'.

Snapping out of my daze and focusing back on Ty, I watch as his face crinkles gently in confusion as he looks up at me quizzically, "What did you just say?"

"Uh nothing?"

Underneath me a puzzled Ty shrugs and looks rather perplexed, "I mean I could swear that you just said oh hot damn. But alrighty then. Whatever you say."

Oh my dear golly gosh I said that out loud. Yikes. Betraying me, my face warms and a faint hue of pink spreads quickly across my cheeks, "No, no, you're just imagining things I'd say. After all, look at you, you're still half asleep." Mussing up his hair as I say this, making it all stick out on end even more that it usually does, he swats my hands away and tries to fix the mess I've made. 

Thinking hard for a moment Ty's face scrunches up, but then I assume he's come to a conclusion as he grins at me cheekily, "No I know what I heard. Do you really think I'm that hot? You know with that coming from you the ice queen herself I'm really honoured." He trails off reaching towards my face.

Rolling my eyes I dodge his attempt to consume me with his touch to make me give in, "Oh no! Ty! This is bad! Like really bad! It seems as though you're losing it. I mean if you're hearing things and all-" I pause, pretending to think hard, "I'm afraid that's really not a good sign. You may want to get that checked out pretty quickly."

Ty smirks at my over the top dramatics, "Should I now? Well thanks for the very useful evaluation doc."

As I squirm somewhat uncomfortably, caught in his intense gaze, I'm startled when he firmly places his hands on my hips and forces me to hold still. Groaning heavily, he stares up at me with dark hooded eyes. "The things you do to me woman."

It only takes me a second to feel what he's insinuating but when it clicks I smirk at him, "Me? I'm innocent. What could I have possibly done wrong?"

Ty closes his eyes, letting go of my hip with one hand to run it across his face, "Remi, you really need to stop. I only have so much self control."

Unable to resist teasing him as usually it's the other way around, I bite my lip innocently and pretend to be confused, "Stop doing what Tyler?"

Taking a deep breath, Ty curses quietly, "Damn it Remi you're killing me down here." He says roughly but his voice has dropped a couple octaves lower than usual and it's clear to see how affected he is by my presence.