Chapter 51:

Gio's P.O.V

Her previously tense body suddenly relaxes under my hands and fearing the worst, I turn my head to look back over my shoulder to see how she's holding up. I frown when I see her head lolled limply to the side like that of a ragdoll. "Merda!" Sucking in a breath through my teeth, I hurriedly turn back to the wound on her stomach that just will not stop bleeding.

I've been applying pressure for the last ten minutes at least and am beginning to think that there may be something larger at stake here. I know I can't leave the girl to go get help, because in her state she won't be able to hold the wound together in the time it would take me to get back. So with only one other viable option for me to take, I slide on arm under the girls knees and the other under her back.

Pushing myself to my feet I struggle to keep my balance without jostling her tiny frame any more than I need to. Holding her carefully against my chest I become more and more worried at the amount of blood she seems to be losing and at a rather alarming rate.

The moment I push open the door to get out of the private training room and into the hallway, I'm scanning both ways in the hope of seeing someone who could help. "Oh come on," I groan, "Of course there's no one out and about when there are lives at stake. Just typical!" Continuing to grumble, I make my way as quickly as possible through the maze I have been calling home for the past year and across to the wing that houses the medical bay.

However the moment I step through the doors with the girl in my arms everything descends into chaos. Plucked from my arms and placed onto a stretcher, the girl is gone before I have the chance to blink. I move to follow in the direction she disappeared in but am pushed gently back out through the door I had just come through and can only watch as it swings shut in my face with a click. With no choice but to head back to my own quarters, I have to wonder who the girl is and how she came to be here.

A couple of hours later...

Thump... thump... thump! A sharp knocking on the door of my dorm startles me from my restless slumber. I hadn't been able to get the thoughts concerning the girl out of my head, and all I want right now is answers, but I don't know where or how to get them.

"Oi! Open the door! I know you're in there Private! You have ten seconds until I'm busting this door down!"

I stare at the door in shock. Huh?

"Ten!"

What on earth is going on?

"Nine!"

Did I do something?

"Eight!"

A jolt hits me, could it be about the girl?

"Seven! I'm not joking boy! Get your ass out here!

Swinging my legs over the side of the bed, I cautiously make my way to the door.

"Six! I suggest you hurry up!"

"Sir, I-" As I speak, I gingerly pull open the door and move to pull my arm up in a respectful salute. However I don't have the opportunity to do so as the door flies open the rest of the way making me stumble back. Furthermore, before I have chance to react, I am bodily slammed in the wall behind me with an arm pressed against my throat. "Ooof," I grunt as the air leaves my body. "Was that really necessary?" This comment wasn't meant to be said out loud but the moment it leaves my lips I can feel my oppressor stiffen in anger. "I'm sorry sir, I didn't mean that, I-" However I'm cut off and left gaping at the next words that leave his mouth.

"So you're the bastard that put my little sister in hospital." Stunned and at a loss of words, all I can do is stand there and stare at the man in disbelief. Apparently he doesn't appreciate this though as he drives his fist into my stomach making me double over. "Is it true then? Have you got nothing to say for yourself?" When I still don't speak, too confused as to what is going on, he slams me against the wall once more my head ricocheting off the hard surface with an audible thud. "I'm going to give you one more chance kid, tell me the truth and I'll only hand you over to the authorities instead of taking things into my own hands."