Chapter 4 - Part 6

Releasing her, he sighed, folding his arms. "And that grungy chic! The foppish looks of an Englishman cannot compare." Elsa found herself returning his mischievous grin. Well, at least he was honest. Cutely self-deprecating, too. It was an appealing combination, especially coming from a boy who looked as much like a young god as the rest of the Few. "Oh, you're not that ugly," she told him airily.

Seizing her hands, he brought them to his lips and kissed them, then pressed them to his heart. She could fell his heartbeat through black cotton. Taken aback, she threw a help me! look at Rapunzel, but the Italian didn't do anything of the sort. Her expression was delighted, and kind of smug. Elsa tried to glower at her, but couldn't quite manage it. "You've made my day." Tyler's smile was high-wattage. "Let me buy you a coffee and show you a little of Paris. I know this perfect little café  in the Marais. Nine o'clock tomorrow?"

"Don't we have lessons?" "It's a study morning. Time off to look at the city. Immerse ourselves in its culture. Where shall we meet? Right here? You are my angel, Elsa Song." He blew her a kiss, then disappeared in Caroline's wake. Elsa blinked. "How the hell did that happen?" Rapunzel laughed. "He likes you, Elsa!" "He's a charmer, is what he is." "Of course! Why not? His father owns half of your English West Country! You don't get more magical than that." Rapunzel gave her a nudge and a wink. "Well." Elsa shook her head ruefully, still reeling from the impact of that smile. "It's only one coffee, right? Where's the harm in that?"