Chapter 8 - Part 4

Elena stood up from her place beside Meredith, giving Elsa a glance of the utmost loathing which melted into a sweet smile for Sir Pitch. "Of course." Elsa expected Sir Pitch to leave her to Elena's tender mercies, but he followed them out, stopping to close the door. Elsa snatched a glance into Flynn's alcove. It was empty. He'd obviously made good his escape while they'd been inside the common room. "Elsa, please wait for us at the end of the corridor. Elena, you can stay here for a moment." With one vicious glance at Elsa, Elena hung back.

Embarrassed, and even a little sorry for her, Elsa walked away. Maybe Sir Pitch didn't realize how good her hearing was, honed sharp from spying on Claire Densmore. Elsa was sure he didn't mean her to overhear the bollocking he was giving Elena, ten meters away. His voice was soft, but homicidal. "Sharing is forbidden!" "I know, Sir Pitch, but-" "Consider this your last warning, Elena. There are good reasons you are assigned a roommate. Understand?" "Yes, Sir Pitch. I understand."

Without another word he turned on his heel and strode to Elsa's side, Elena trailing sulkily behind him. "I'm sorry I haven't made a point of meeting yo before now, Elsa." Sir Pitch's voice was no longer ferocious and chilly: it was lovely with a hint of creepy, she thought. Resonant like music. "I find myself constantly tied up in administrative matters." "Oh yeah, don't worry. You're a big improvement on Claire Densmore." She blushed. "In Miss Peregrines, I mean. Where I was before." Behind them, Elena was silent, though Elsa could feel her contempt oozing over her like tar.

"Of course," said Sir Pitch after a heavy pause. "This must be quite a culture shock for you, but I believe you are fitting in well. I hear good things from your teachers, and from the Few. We are delighted to have you here at the Black Academy, Elsa, delighted." "Um," she muttered awkwardly, "great. Thanks." "And are you happy here?" He had turned his head, and she felt obliged to look up at him. He really was a creepy man. Must be knocking forty, but still good-looking, and his charisma could blast you into the middle of next week.

---------------------------------------------------------

A/N Hey guys! I hope you are enjoying this book. I'm sorry for the short chapter but I am suffering from the most painful illness ever. Writers Block! :( I will try and update soon, but if I can't then I apologize. Anywho, shout outs today go to three people. They are;

1) LordDoom321 thank you for being my friend in school. I hope that we cold collaborate on many more fanfiction ideas in the future.
2) im_nobody_special thank you for being my friend and also sister (even though we aren't related). I hope that you get better, and that you know I am always here for you.
3) And finally aleriseanne thank you for being my best friend on here. I hope that you like this book and continue to support me.

Please go and check out their profiles. They make awesome fanfictions and they are just great people.