Chapter 16 - Part 4

Swearing, he rubbed his temples with finger and thumb. "I mean," Elsa went on, "everybody round here seems to be up to something.But you're not - well, even if you do have a bad sleepwalking problem, I don't think you're up to anything really bad. Right?" She sank her teeth in her lip. Flynn sat down on the floor and clasped his hands behind his neck. After a pause he said, "Something's wrong at this school." Elsa snorted. "That much I gathered." "Flynn." Rapunzel slumped down on her bed and leaned towards him full of concern. "It's Jess, right?" Unhappily he nodded.

"What? Flynn?" "I need to find out who killed her. What killed her." He went quiet for a minute. "OK? I need to know." The silence was so thick that Elsa wanted to fling open a window and let in the night air. "Flynn," said Rapunzel gently. "I know how upset you were - are - but it wasn't . . ." She took a deep breath and whispered, "It could have been an accident." "It wasn't an accident. Somebody killed her." He gave Elsa a sober look. "Something killed her." "But you cannot take it upon yourself to-" "So who else was going to? Black? (A/N Pitch Black) The police? The Cambodian police weren't interested. Nobody is. She was only a scholarship, wasn't she?" Elsa shuddered. "Jess wasn't the first, either," said Flynn.

"It's the school's bad luck," put in Rapunzel. "A jinx. That's what they say." "Some jinx." "And Sir Pitch - listen, you can't blame him. He was terribly upset when it happened. And he gave yo the scholarship, Flynn, in her memory." "To keep my family quiet, you mean. To repair the PR damage. Mom might have fallen for his charity stunt, but I sure didn't. I took the scholarship so I cold find out what happened to Jess." "So what have you found out?" said Elsa. "Not a lot." Flynn's voice was bitter. "It's to do with the Few, that's all I know. One of them killed her, and I reckon I know which one. I need to prove it, that's all.

"If you prove a murder," said Rapunzel, "if it gets out that a student was killed here, that it was covered up, it'll be the end of the Academy." "Uh-huh." Flynn shrugged. "I want to close this place down, Rapunzel, that's the truth. That's why I don't expect you to like what I'm doing. Just, please, don't tell anyone." Rapunzel sprang to her feet. "You think I'm such a spoilt heiress, hey? Tell, indeed! I should slap you, Flynn Parker." "Well, I-" "You think I'd throw a hammer in the works?"

A/N Hey guys! So it's been a while huh? This chapter is nearly done, but I'm going to try and string out the book a bit longer, because I don't want it to end, but sadly, in a couple of chapters this book will be completed and I'm not sure whether to make a sequel yet. Anyway Shout outs go to LordDoom321 and aleriseanne for being my best friends, even though LordDoom321 you annoy the heck out of me with your rude jokes. Dedication to this chapter also goes to aleriseanne for being he best twin a person could ask for.