No Matter What

All my life I just wanted to be fit. I never wanted to get to this point. You're probably confused right now so here's a little something about me.

I am Kellin Quinn, I am 16 and weigh 300 pounds.

It all started in middle school, when I had gotten the call. My best friend was dead. She got hit by a car, walking home from a party. I had gotten to the point where I was emotionally eating. It sounds ridiculous, I know but this is literally my life. I didn't want to do this.

Now here I am sitting in the doctors office, everything in my life was about to change. My childhood friend, Vic next to me. He gave me a smile and then looked at the floor his face red.

"You know you don't have to do this right?" He said. I rolled my eyes.

"I know but this is the only way. I literally struggle to get up Vee." I said.

"It's just most people who have this surgery don't survive or have a lot of problems and I care about you and I don't want something bad happening to you." He explained. I put my hand over his in a comforting way.

"I'll be fine Vic trust me."

Once they had called my name I felt an uneasy feeling in my stomach. Vic tensed up and we walked through the doors. The doctor began talking and Vic looked scared the whole time.

"Well, Kellin it's time." The doctor said handing me the little dress thing. I looked at Vic.

"I guess I'll see you later." I sighed. He gave a lop sided smile and kissed my cheek.

"I'll be back as soon as your out of surgery, Quinn." He said. I nodded and he walked out the door.

The only thing I thought about is being my normal petite size again.

Vic's POV

Danielle sat beside me and looked at me lovingly. I wasn't very fond of her because of the way she treats Kellin but I guess it's a normal sister thing.

"Is there a reason why you're staring at me?" I asked politely. She huffed.

"I don't know what you see in Kellin. He honestly isn't even attractive. Can't you see that I'm into you?" She explained. I sighed.

"I'm sorry Danielle. You're a decent girl but you aren't my type I just hope you understand that." I said in a calm tone.

"Seriously though what do you see in Kellin he's not special."

"Kellin is a natural beauty. I believe that he has always been beautiful to me." I explained. She smiled a bit.

"Vic, you're really something. You know Kellin is lucky to have you. He really does love you." She said.

Kellin's my best friend and I'd do anything for him.

It's been about 4 hours and I finally got the call saying Kellin was out of surgery. I rushed to the hospital grabbing some flowers in the way and went up to the room in which he was staying at.

He was sound asleep. Machines were hooked up and the heart monitor was the only thing making noise. I sat beside him and brushed my fingers through his hair.

"I know you can't hear me right now and I probably sound crazy but I'm glad to see you're treating yourself better. Lynn would be so proud baby." I whispered and kissed his temple. He moved a little bit and made a sound of discomfort. His eyes fluttered a little bit. He looked at me and smiled.

"Hi"

"Hey" I said. He stood up a little but and got situated.

"Did you just get here?" He asked. I nodded.

"Oh."

"You know your food portions are going to be a lot healthier and smaller right?" I asked. He sighed and nodded.

"It's for the best. Don't you think?"

"Yeah." He replied.

"You get out tomorrow and I'll make sure you're in tip top shape." I said he smiled and looked down.

A week later

"C'mon sleeping beauty that trail is calling your name!" I exclaimed. Kellin groaned and mumbled something inaudible.

"I'll bring out the water." I said warningly. Kellin quickly jumped out of bed and started changing. Kellin weighs 280 now, which is a lot of weight he has lost and I see improvements every time I look St him. We've been working out everyday and making healthy choices.

Kellin threw his shoes and we headed out the door. We started out jogging.

"Honey you're lucky I brought extra weights or I probably would have been mad at you." I said handing him the weights. He groaned in annoyance and roller his eyes.

"I hate you."

"WRONG! I think what you mean is I love you so much Vic thank you for waking me up at five in the morning and making me run with your sexy body." I said and chuckled. He rolled his eyes again.

We ran the whole trail and came back to change. After that we went to go eat lunch and came back home.

2 months later

Kellin has never looked better. He is now 206 pounds. He's been a lot happier and I fall harder and harder for him everyday.

His birthday is coming up fast meaning he is turning 17. It's a big thing. I'm thinking about throwing him a birthday party. When I turned 17 it was great. Now I'm 19 and there's really nothing interesting about that.

"Kellin I can't believe you're going to be in your senior year. My baby has grown up so fast." I cooed holding him close to my chest. He groaned trying to escape my death grip.

"I'm only two years younger than you shithead." He mumbled.

3 months later

Kellin is finally in the average weight. He looks totally different than he did before and still as beautiful.

"Kellin?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"No, no, you don't understand. I love you so much Kellin Quinn I want you to be part of my life more than a friend. I want you to be my boyfriend. I want to hold you at night and do unbelievably cheesy things with you during the day." I said. He smiled brightly, his eyes slightly watering. He jumped on me and we shared the most passionate kiss I've ever had. I felt like I was seeing stars.

"I love you no matter what baby."

"I love you too" he said and laid his head on my chest.