#45 Resto-guy. (Carlos.)

I'm 18 and yet I still don't have my license which results into me taking the bus each day to work and the bus is packed with people. Ugh, I hate that. I plug in my earbuds and ignore the rest of the world. About half an hour later I finally arrive at my stop. I get off the bus and start walking to the restaurant. I'm ready for an evening of serving clients and buzzing tables. As I arrive at the restaurant I immediately go to the back and change into my working clothes. A few minutes later my friend/co-worker arrives too. "Hey J, how was your weekend off?"

"Heaven." I giggle.

"I bet. Was Logan busy?"

"Yeah, but not with work." I give her a confused look. "And that is exactly why my weekend felt like heaven." She does a weird eyebrow movement.

"Oh. Oooooh, I get it. Please spare me the details."

"Yeah, those aren't allowed for a little girl's ears."

"I'm only one year younger than you are." She shrugs and leaves the locker room to get to work. I chuckle shaking my head before following her. I take the tablecloths out of the cabinet and start setting all the tables. Suddenly I hear male voice that I haven't heard before coming from the kitchen.

"Sure." He says to my boss and rolls his eyes. I didn't notice I was staring until Joni snapped me out of my thoughts.

"He's cute, isn't he?" She leans her arm on my shoulder. I nod.

"Hey, wait a second! You have a boyfriend."

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean I can't look." She goes back to work. Suddenly he looks in my direction. I try to act normal and sort of smile at him. I see him wink and I feel my cheeks heating up. "Get him out of your head and get to work. We have lots of reservations tonight." She hands me the knifes and I start putting them on the tables.

"Who says I like him?"

"You're blushing."

"No I'm not." I deny, obviously lying because of my high pitched voice.

"His name is Carlos, he is the son of our boss."

"That's the son of our boss?!" I practicly yell.

"Shh, yes. So get him out of your head because our boss doesn't like it when he's son dates someone of his staff." I sigh, there goes my luck on having a cute boyfriend. "Besides he's 24."

"So is Logan." I complain.

"Yeah, but I'm 19." I roll my eyes. It's only one year.

"How do you know all of this?"

"He's friends with Logan."

"So you know him?"

"Just a little. I've only talked to him a few times. You know when I'm with Logan, I like to be alone with him."

"Okay, crossing the line." We both giggle.

"I see you're having fun ladies." A now sort of familiar voice asks. "Hey aren't you Joni? Logan's girl."

"Yes I am."

"How have you been?" He asks hugging her. Could it be that I'm jealouse? GET HIM OUT OF YOUR HEAD CAT! He is the son of the boss. "And you are?" He suddenly asks me.

"Oh, uhm, I'm Cat. Cat Marques."

"Nice to meet you Cat. I'm Carlos." He shakes my hand and I just have this stupid smile on my face.

"Nice to meet you too." After a few more slow shakes he lets go of my hand.

"So do you girls need help or...?"