Chapter 10- Overprotective Friend?

Evangeline's POV

After the long eleven hours of learning how to do our jobs, which we both know now how to do, we trudged towards our apartment. The times are 9am-9pm on weekdays and 9am-11pm on weekends. Both me and Kristine's break starts at 3 and it lasts for an hour, Yay.

We finally reached our apartment and Kristine unlocked it to only run to the family sofa and laid there. I sighed and closed the door behind me, taking off my shoes.

"I'm hungry." Kristine's voice was muffled as she was laying face down on the couch. I sighed.

"Go make food." I heard her groan. I rolled my eyes.

"I don't wanna! Make me food, please." I sighed loudly and walked towards the kitchen, taking out some pasta and spaghetti sauce.

"Thank you!"

"Whatever." I groaned and started making our dinner.

~1 hour, dozens of complaints and 7 groans later~

"DINNERS READY YOU PIECE OF SHIT!" I yelled, washing all the dishes. I heard Kristine running down the stairs, tripping in the process. I scoffed slightly and dried my hands, leaning back on the counter.

"Thank you!" Kristine said, getting her pasta.

"You better wash your plate after eating, Kristine." I pointed at her. She nodded and continued shoveling food into her mouth.

"Aren't you gonna have some?" She asked with food still in her mouth. I clenched and unclenched my fists. I hate it when people eat with their mouths open or they speak with their mouths full. Its rude, unmannerly, if that's even a word, and just plain disgusting. I gave her a disgusted look.

"Please swallow your food before you speak, Kristine. And please chew with your mouth closed." She gave me a sheepish smile and nodded. I smiled too.

"And to answer your question, I already had some." I smiled, grateful for what I did to avoid Kristine pestering me with her weird questions about life.

"That's cool." I rolled my eyes as she spoke with her mouth full, again. I sighed and headed for the stairs.

"I'll go upstairs and talk to Marcel, and you better not fucking mess this up for me again or I will cut you." I warned her, giving her a glare. A smirk was plastered on her face and I knew for a fact that this psycho bitch will ruin my conversation with Marcel, again.

I sighed and went upstairs to my room, locking it. I sighed exasperatedly as that won't be enough, so I looked around my room and saw my closet was slightly open.

"Bingo, we have a winner." I smiled at myself, and walked inside it with my phone in hand. I took off my jacket and my shoes and sighed happily and dialed the numbers I remembered by heart, if that's not creepy... My heart skipped a beat when I heard his voice.

"Hi, Evangeline!" I love the way he says my name. I gave a slight wave and realized he couldn't see me, so I quickly replied back, in the same excitement he had.

"Hi, Marcel!" I heard him chuckle and that earned a giggle out of me.

"Sooo, how was work?" I bit my lip and blushed a little at what happened early at work.

"Um, it was okay... I guess. How 'bout you?" I don't want to tell him I was violated on the first day...

"Okay... Why, what happened at work?" I smiled at how he sounded concern, he barely even knew me. I wonder if I should tell him...

"Uhhhh..." I heard him sigh in the other end of the phone.

"Evangeline, you could tell me. I'll be here to help, no matter what. I'll always be by your side." I smiled and blushed at his words.