Chapter 29

CAITLYN'S POV

I heard someone knock on my door, it was Kuya Calvin. Nakangiti siyang lumapit saakin bago umupo sa tabi ko. "Do you have something to do?" Tanong niya.

Umiling ako. "None. Do you want to go outside?" Tanong ko pabalik sa kanya.

His face lightened up like a puppy and he nodded. "Yeah! I'm kinda craving for something else today." Sagot niya.

Napakunot naman yung noo ko sa sinabi niya, thinking that he might be pregnant. "Well. Could you perhaps specify exactly what food you want?" Tanong ko.

"Why?"

"to satisfy your cravings? it'll be on me today." Sagot ko.

He clapped his hand out of enjoyment and hugged me tightly. "Thank you, my baby bunso. You're the best! It's nice to hear that you'll treat me today." Masayang sabi niya.

He's unaware that i received more allowance from our parents than from them. Napailing ako at tinulak siya palayo. "Magbihis ka na, isasama rin natin si Kuya Hale ha." Sabi ko. 

Tumango naman siya at patakbong lumabas ng pintuan. 

___

My eyes got widened when i saw our friends sa sushi restaurant na pinuntahan namin. Sinamaan ko ng tingin si Kuya Calvin. "Kuya, what the fvck is this?" Gulat kong tanong.

He smirked and winked at me. "Relax, bunso. I invited your buddies along because i won't allow you to squander money on me." He pointed a finger at himself after saying that. "This one's on me." Dugtong niya pa.

They both left me speechless, i thought they were about to scam me. Nagpunta sila sa kabilang table kung nasaan ang iba pang mga kasama nila Kuya, marami pala kaming na-invite. 

Joshua waved at me and tapped the seat beside him. "How's your day?" Tanong niya nang makaupo ako sa tabi niya. 

Binati ko sila bago saka siniko si Joshua ng mahina at inirapan. "Why are you asking? Kakakita lang natin kahapon!" Sagot ko.

Kaizer's expression was irritated as he clapped his palm. "Stop flirting in front of us, what an eyesore." Saway niya. 

Juliana gave me the menu, i thanked her. Cristina snapped her finger, napatingin kami sa kanya. "I almost forgot! It's Kuya Chris's birthday today." Sabi niya. 

Max nibbled on his snack, his eyebrows wrinkled. "Who's that?"

"My older brother. Is it okay if I introduce you guys to him? We can go after we eat." 

Tumango ako. "Sure! Papaalam ako kila Kuya later after we eat. We can make a quick stop somewhere to get gifts for him, showing up empty-handed is awkward." Suggestion ko.

"Okay, can we order now? I'm hungry." Sabi ni Joshua.

Sinamaan ko siya ng tingin. "Bro, don't you have patience?" 

Tinaasan niya ako ng kilay. "If patience were not a virtue, i would kiss you right now. I'm trying my hardest to control myself, so you should be grateful for that right?" He whispered.

"Shut up. What do you want?"

He looked at the menu. "Anything you want, i'm good. Kasi ikaw naman yung pumili ih." Sagot niya.

Sinamaan ko siya ng tingin. "Don't blame me kapag ayaw mo yung pinili ko sayo." Sabi ko. 

He pinched my cheeks slightly. "It'll be good, i trust you."

Cristina held my hand and looked at me. "Caity, we're ready to order. how about you?" Tanong niya.

I smiled. "We're good also." Sagot ko saka tinuro sa menu yung order namin ni Joshua. 

My phone's screen brightened, displaying my notification. When i saw Tristan's message to me, my eyes grew bigger, mabilis ko kaagad tinago yung phone and acted like nothing happened. I hope no one saw it. 

___

Cristina took us to one of their hotels, where they were having a birthday celebration. Napatili siya nang makita niya ang kanyang kapatid. "Kuya Chris! It's been a long time, how are you?" Tanong niya. 

Binati namin siya and gave him our gifts. "Are you pals with Cristina? Meeting each of you in person is pleasant. She talks about you folks all the time." Natatawang sabi niya and offered a handshake on us.

Juliana gave him a firm handshake. "It's nice meeting with you rin po and you also look good in person." Sabi niya. 

Napatawa naman siya. "Thank you. I hope you all are enjoying my party tonight, feel free to look around yourselves okay? I also booked some rooms for you to rest in. I'll be on my way to talk with the others." Paalam niya. 

Joshua grabbed my arm just as i was ready to leave with Cristina and Juliana. I gave him a bewildered glance as i turned to face him. He looks serious. "Can we talk privately?" He asked. 

I got confused. "Why? Is something wrong, Josh?" Tanong ko pabalik. 

He frustratedly brushed his hair and glanced at me. "I can't believe you still didn't tell me. How could you ignore something like this, Heidianne?" Seryosong tanong niya. 

Napakunot ang aking noo habang tinitignan siya. "What do you mean, Josh?"

He bit his lip and held both of my shoulders. "Did you believe i hadn't noticed your notification yet? I was aware that you received the text from Tristan." Sagot niya.

I gave him a gentle push and continued to stare as my eyes grew open at what he had stated. "It's not a big deal, Josh! He's just a troll with too much time on his hands. I didn't want to make a fuss over nothing." I said, trying to be calm. 

Napahawak siya sa kanyang noo na para bang nagpipigil na magalit sa harap ko. "Not a big deal, Heidianne? That fvcking guy is stalking you! He's using different accounts to keep contacting you. That's not something you can just brush off!" Sabi niya. 

I crossed my arms and leaned over the wall. "I can handle this, Josh. If i ignore him, he might get bored and stop pestering me." Sabi ko. 

He stepped closer and slowly put his head on my shoulder, para akong nanigas sa kinatatayuan ko. "What if he doesn't, though? Say he gets more aggressive. You're endangering yourself by not treating this seriously! How come you didn't tell me? I could have offered help." Sabi niya, his tone grew softer.

I played with his hair and sighed. "I don't want you to worry. I didn't want you to feel like you had to protect me from every little thing." 

He raised his head and stood up, my eyes widened as he gently stroked my cheeks. "Protecting you against every little thing is not the goal, Heidianne. This is serious! You have my undying concern and i hope nothing bad happens to you."  

He gently took my hand. "I know you're strong, but that doesn't mean you have to face everything alone.  I want to be someone you can lean on. If you're keeping things from me like this, how can i know where i stand with you?" Dugtong niya pa.

I'm sorry. I didn't want you to feel like i don't trust you, Josh.