5

Briars POV
Myles looks so nervous. My dad keeps asking him questions. It's quite amusing because Myles keeps grabbing my hand tighter and I can tell he's getting stressed. Finally dinner is finished and we're all far too full for desert. Me and Myles go upstairs and get ready for bed. My dad brings us both hot chocolate's and shortbread biscuits. I get into bed and Myles looks at me confused.
"What's up?" I ask
"Where am I going to sleep?" He asks looking around.
"Oh, I thought you would want to sleep with me..." I say slightly embarrassed
"Oh, yeah." He says and gets in next to me. There's an awkward silence between us for about 10 minutes.
"So are you Erm... Looking forward to tomorrow?" He asks braking the silence
"Yeah..." I reply and take a sip of my hot chocolate
"Do you want me to sleep on the floor? You seem...uncomfortable," I say he just shakes his head, so I go to the end of the bed and rest my head on the pillow facing away from Myles because it's easy to tell he doesn't want to be near me. Lucky for him I have a double bed.
"Briar? Why did you move?" He questions
"You look uncomfortable with me close to you." I say still facing away from him.
"I'm not uncomfortable I'm just confused. We've been in a relationship for almost a year and we only kissed for the first time yesterday, I met your dad today and I've never met any of your family before and now you want to sleep with me." He says with a sigh.
"I'm sorry, I've been so stupid." I say and bury my head into the pillow
"It's just a lot to take in that's all babe." He says and comes and lies next to me and wraps his arms around me. I turn and face him and just snuggle into his tight, protective grip.
"I love you Briar Nolet," He says and kissed my head
"I love you too Myles Erlick," I say and we just relax like that for the rest of the night forgetting about our hot chocolates.

Morning

We wake up in the same position and get up and start walking down stairs when we hear a knock on the door. Abbey rushes out of her bedroom and grabs me and Myles by the hand and pulls us into her room which over looks the front of the house. We look out the window and see my mom although I'm not close enough to see how bad they are I can see that my mom has bruises all over her arms. She looks scared... not angry that me and Abbey left without telling her. We run out onto the landing and look at my dad answering the door. When he opens it my mom says something I thought I would never hear her say...

I'm sorry this update is a little late but I am trying to update everyday... Including Christmas Day... On the 26th I will either be posting 3 updates or putting the ones for the 27th & 28th in a draft for Joelle to post whilst I am in hospital.

ALSO please feel free to message/comment ideas for chapters!
-Lois ❤️💙