31

Myles POV
I walk with Briar and Alicia down the street until a man approaches us and gives Briar an evil look. Briar looks terrified.
"You ok?" I ask and she nods but I'm not 100% sure shes ok.
"Who was that?" I ask and she shakes her head
"N-nobody." She says "we should probably turn back, it's getting late."
"We've only been out the house 4 minutes Babe." I say concerned
"Yeah I'm tired." She says with a worried look on her face
"Ok then," I say and we turn back and walk home. When we get home I put Alicia to bed and walk downstairs to Briar who is sitting on a sofa in a ball. I go and sit next to her and put my arm around her but she dashes over to the other sofa.
"Briar I'm worried, what's up?" I ask
"I just want to be alone." She says
"Please, you were all up for cuddling 20 minutes ago, now your acting as if you don't even know who I am." I say a little hurt
"Sorry." She mumbles "That was my step-dad. He wants to kill me and now he's seen Alicia and you."
"He won't touch you." I say
"Myles, we never even kissed until nearly a year into our relationship incase he caught us." She says
"I remember our first kiss," I say with a smile which makes her smile. She stands up and walks towards me.
"Promise you will protect me." She whispers
"Until the day I die," I whisper and kiss the top of her head.
"I love you," she whispers and hides her face in my chest and falls asleep.
"I love you too," I whisper tucking a piece of hair behind her ear and carrying her up to bed.
I'm really worried about this Step-Dad of Briars, she was petrified when she saw him. I need to find out more information about him. I don't want to risk loosing Briar and I don't want Alicia to get hurt.
"Sleep tight my princess." I whisper before tucking her into bed. I decide to check Briars phone to see if I can find this step-dad of hers number. I want to meet him and tell him to stay away from my girl. Luckily she has his phone number. I add it to my contacts and ring it.
Me- Hello
Him- Who is this
Me- That doesn't matter, is this Kev
Him- Yes
Me- Meet me at the apple tree in the park at the end of Tribley Street in 10 minutes.
Him- Ok, bye
Me- Bye

I write Briar a note telling her where I've gone and then I walk out and see him standing where I told him.
"Hi, I'm Myles," I say and nod
"Kev," he says and nods
"What do you want with Briar," I ask
"How do you know Briar? What has she told you?" He asks
"I'm her fiancee, father of her daughter. She hasn't told me anything that's why I'm here." I ask and he smirks and then...