21

Myles POV
Once everyone had left Briar decided to go for a walk and left me with Alicia. My phone started ringing it was Gabrielle, what does she want?
M- Yes?
G- I think you should know something. You will probably hate this
M-Go on
G- I'm moving away... with Clayton and Tom, my fiancé
M- Where too?
G- You will hate me for this... We're going to Sydney in Australia. Tom proposed to me a few weeks ago and got a job over there so we're leaving on Saturday
M- What will I do about seeing Clayton?
G- Tom's adopting him, so you don't need to worry
M- what? He's my son. Please don't do this
G- The forms are all signed and sent off... Luckily I didn't need your signature.
M- Please Gabrielle
G- Goodbye Myles
She hangs up.
I'm not Clayton's dad anymore...
After about an hour after the call Briar came back and just sat next to Alicia since she was lying down on a blanket in the middle of the sofa. It was an awkward silence between us.
"Briar what's up?" I asked  as she was watching the TV, she looked at me and back at the TV.
"Briar talk to me." I said and crouched down in front of her and took her hands in mine.
"Why did you go off with Gabrielle at the baby shower?" She asked looking at me angrily in the eye.
"She wanted to talk to me... About Clayton." I reply not wanting to tell her what she said
"That's a lie?" She says
"She said how Clayton should be my favourite child since he was my first child and ..." I decided to not say the part about Alicia looking like an alien.
"And what?" She demanded
"She called Alicia an Alien and I should compare her to Clayton and how perfect he is." I said and Briars face turned from angry to upset.
"I get Clayton will always be your favourite child and that you will never love Alicia as much as you love Clayton. But how dare she say them things about my daughter." She says and looks down at Alicia sleeping.
"Our daughter." I say looking at Alicia sleeping
"And Briar" I say and she looks at me.
"Yes?" She responds
"I will love Alicia just as much as I love Clayton, maybe even more. Because she is OUR little girl and I love you to infinity and beyond. You're my queen and she's my princess. This is all the family I need. Me, you and Alicia." I say and kiss her forehead. "Gabrielle didn't even let me speak to Clayton until the week before we created Alicia."
"Myles don't say that, Clayton is your son and Alicia's brother. He is a part of this family too." She says and smiles
"Briar, Gabrielle and Clayton are moving away to Australia. I won't ever get to see him again. Gabrielle rang me when you were out and told me." I say and start tearing up but she hugs me.
"Myles he is your son," Briar said
"Briar, he's getting adopted by Gabrielle's Fiancé."