37

Myles POV
I put Alicia in her car seat and drive to the dress shop I know Briar was at. It had shut. I drove to my moms with Alicia and my mom rang Tamara to see if she knew where Briar was. She didn't. I sat on the Sofa with Kingsley and started to think about where about a Briar could be.
My thoughts were interrupted by my phone ringing, it was an unknown number.
Me- Hello
Them- Hello, am I speaking to Myles Erlick?
Me- Yes
Them- This is Toronto general Hospital, Miss Briar Nolet was rushed here approximately 3 hours ago. She says that she's your Fiancé, am I right?
Me- Yes, what's happened?!?
Them- We can't discuss this over the phone, you must come as soon as possible.
Me- Can I bring my daughter?
Them- If you must.
End of call.

I pick Alicia up and run out the house without saying goodbye. I get in my car and drive to the hospital. I get out my car and run the the reception desk.
"BRIAR NOLET WHERE IS SHE," i shout at the receptionist.
"Room 39 down the corridor last door on the left," she says and I run off and barge into the room
"Briar?" I whisper as I look at my fiancé lying asleep in the hospital bed.
A doctor walks in
"Briar has a lower respiratory infection. She could of got this through flu or a lung infection, we're just looking into how it started." The doctor says and walks out. I walk over to my beautiful fiancé lying still. I sit on the seat next to her and pick up her small hand and hold it gently whilst holding our tiny little baby girl in the other hand. She starts the wake up and turns to look at me.
"Are you ok?" I ask and she nods
"We were so worried," I say and lean in and kiss her forehead.
"Thanks for coming," she whispers and I smile at her.
"I couldn't leave you alone, I love you," I say and she smiles.
"I love you too," she says.
"Sure your ok?" I ask and she nods
"Yeah," she replies.

Briars POV
Honestly I feel like shit. I must of collapsed in the dress shop because I woke up here and a doctor told me that I have lower respiratory infection and explained that with how bad it is I don't have long to live. Then the told me to rest. I just hope Myles doesn't know, I don't want to see him suffering if I tell him I'm dying. I guess I will just have to stay strong around Myles and Alicia, I can't show them how much pain I'm in. I ask Myles if I can hold Alicia and he nods and passes me her. It scares me that this might be one of the last times I get to hold her. I honestly dreamt I would get to see her grow up and even meet my future grandchildren, that's every mothers dream. I look at Myles and smile at him. The doctor walks in and smiles at us all.
"What a beautiful little family," she says with a tear in her eye. "Would you like me to take a photo?" I nod and Myles passes her his phone. She takes a photo and smiles.
"Briar I'm just going to move your bed in this little room, Myles is it? You just stay here. I'm just taking some tests." She says and I smile and pass Alicia back to Myles. The doctor moves me and my bed into this little room and she sits down on the chair next to me and smiles a sympathetic smile.
"Briar, we did some tests on you and found out that you previously has serious pneumonia, which is a lung infection which has caused this. Your chance of living another month is very unlikely. You can go home today though. And here's a word of advance. Live everyday to the fullest. I'll let you get changed." She says and walks out. I get dressed and walk out the room.
What will Myles do without me?
What about our wedding?
What about Alicia?