Part 20

__________________________
Remember not all heroes wear capes, some just wear kindness.
_________________________

Before the chapter starts, I wanted to say thank you to all the readers that enabled my book to reach 1k views.

I'm more grateful than anything. Starting the book, I never knew people would even try to read it!

Once again, thank you!!!!!!

"Hello Amber." A voice behind me greets. I turn around to see Dinho with a small bundle within his arms.

I leap out of the sofa and reach out to the baby. Dinho smiles slightly and tilts the baby in my angle. I watch the sweet baby in awe as she opens her brown eyes with flickers of grey. Her nose is like a button, and her face holds a strong element of innocence.

"She's beautiful, Dinho." I whisper scared if I speak too loudly I will disturb her peace.

"Her name is Lauren." He looks at me and once again tilts her to me. "Want to hold her?"

I jump at the invitation and reach out for her. Once she's in my arms I start to bounce her up and down, her eyes glisten with excitement and she shows me her toothless gums. "She's so small."

"Yeah, took after her grandmother." He laughs. "Although she's precious, her parents need a break. So me and Andrea are going to take her for the day."

I look up in confusion "I thought that's what you did the last time you left."

"Yeah, but my daughters husband insisted we take her today." his eyes drift off as if he is recalling a distant memory "I remember when me and Andrea had our first child, it was amazing but for the first 6 months we were so tired, disparate for some air. So we get it." He laughs at the memory.

lauren starts to fuss so I put her head over my shoulder and I bounce her slightly, she calms down instantly.

After a while Dinho starts to look around, I act as if I don't  know the invitable question that is about to surface.

After all ignorance is bliss right?

"Are you looking for something?" I don't look at Dinho as I continue bouncing the boundle of joy in my arms, she grabs onto my flower shirt and starts to tug on it.

With great difficulty I'm able to pull it out her grasp.

Where the hell do babies get their strength from, Hercules? She seems to lose intress in my top after a while and then starts to venture in the jungle other wise known as my curly hair.

"Yes, I am looking for something... more like someone actually." he scratches his head and looks at me "have you seen Damien?" he cuts right to the chase, leaving no extra lingering.

"No I haven't actually, not for two days." I say with ease.

"Don't tell me he has left the house without me, I told him to call me if he leaves. He's probably killed 4 reporters as we speak." he mutters the end.

I start to lose intress in the confersation with Dinho and I stare at the giggling lauren. "Amber, do you know where Damien is?"

"No... why don't you just call him."

"He isn't picking up," he rubs his eyebrows.

I giggle once I see lauren scew up her face and sneeze. "Where's Andrea?" I ask still avoiding Dinho eyes.